Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why ME Guy
      #42620 - 10/29/02 08:11 AM

It seems as if all that were here from the start has tested negative at 6 months(chichi,john in london, iceman, tammy) congradulations to all. I (the why me guy, who first went to blood bank as good samaritin and started having night sweats, rashes, ect,[I did call blood bank adn told then them to discard my blood, they said that my blood tested negative via antibody and NAT.This was 2 months after exposure] then tested pcr rna <50 negative at three months, and then tested negative antibody at 4 months. Exposure was unprotected sex with very young (15) female.) My six months will be in december. I still have sweats, though not as GMAN explained night sweats. They were pretty intense at firts and they lasted for weeks. They stopped and now they have returned, not nearly as bad, but still sweat.
I feel very unlucky. I am the guy who posts that everyone should test at six months because I am sure the only thing that could have caused my symptoms is HIV.
Another reason I know that it is HIV is because seven years ago I was in the positioin many of you are in now. I thought I was positive. I had a fever of 105 for a week or more, I lost 18lbs in 3weeks etc. I prayed to God that it not be HIV and that I would never have sex again until I was married. It did not lost long. I continued to have sex, unprotected.
I slept with this last girl about 4 times. The first was unprotected then the two was protected. The last time I slept with her I went to the store to get come condoms and said no I will not do this again. She came to my room and we played a little, but I said no sex. I then told her to leave. She got up and went to the door, pleading for me to screw her. I said no..........then I said ok one last time.
I don't think God will let me get by with this one. I must pay for my sins. I pray everyday that if and when I die he has forgivne me as I have failed to control my body. I have let it control me. I, unfortunately, will be the 6 month guy on this board. I just know it.
If I decide to test before my six month I will keep board posted.
For all who have tested negtive, you have dodged a bullet. Keep yourselves safe. Don't make the same mistake I made. "He that is often reproved and hardens his neck will suddendly be distroyed - without hope!".

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Why ME Guy new
      #42622 - 10/29/02 10:18 AM

you're neg. But that's not your problem. Reread your letter and you'll see you're suffering from guilt, depression, and psycotic remorse. Add to this your irrational fear of HIV and you're in need of help. Your mind is playing tricks on you. But you're definatly neg. so get off that and get the help you need.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#42623 - 10/29/02 10:24 AM

hey guy ----
you are neg.
start believing it.
you need mental help - and i mean that in a helpful way-
you are neg.
how long can you go on like this?

iceman

Reged: 10/01/02
      #42629 - 10/29/02 12:13 PM

Hi guys, its been awhile since I have posted. I have been doing ok. I just wanted to respond because I wanted to let this user know that I do still have night sweats also and tested negative at 24 weeks. They stopped for awhile when I started taking anti-depressants, but have been coming back a little lately. I also had full blown mono and 8 days of diahrea back in April!! I also still get rashes. Diahrea has gone away nicely with the xanax. You are not alone with these symtoms, its just that you can't assume that they are hiv. Just an interesting point about the weight loss:
After my mono symptoms, I never thought anything of hiv because I had a VERY low risk of exposure(deep throat kissing with unknown college girls while drunk in a bar, I dont know if i had cuts in my mouth, or the girls, or any signs of herpes). I had also been tested every year since I was 18 (now 24) because I was in military reserve. Anyway, I never started think it could be hiv until i put all the symtoms together by researching here on the internet in september. It was not until then that I lost my mind and stopped started losing weight because I couldnt eat or sleep due to anxiety. IE; anxiety is causing weight loss!! I have had night sweats for many years off and on, so I cannot testify the same for the night sweats, only that I am pretty sure anxiety, and many other NON-hiv illnesses can and has made them worse. I cant lie and say to you that I am not also a slight bit worried also. Thats why I still visit this site once in awhile...Unlike you, I have only had one test. An hiv1/2 AB EIA w/rflx at 24 weeks after onset of symptoms. You have had multiple tests past the window, you are ok. My advise; seek some anxiety meds...they help...

PS If you are, and I am assuming you are over 18 years of age. Please do not sleep with 15 year-old girls!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#42671 - 10/29/02 09:44 PM

How I wish that were true.

ICEMAN if deep kissing ws your only exposure dude, deep kissing is only a theoritical transmission possibility. You are fine, I, on the other hand had naked penis sex!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#42699 - 10/30/02 03:24 AM

This book puts the case well.

Author Michael Fumento, in his book The Myth of Heterosexual AIDS, offers substantial evidence that white, middle-class, non IV drugabuser heterosexuals are in less danger of contracting AIDS thru non-anal, sexual intercourse than they are of dying from shark attacks, being hit by lightning, or accidentally drowning in the bathtub. The
book is very well referenced and documented.

The book was reviewed by the Journal of the American Medical Assn as "the best single source available to enable heterosexual persons to assess their personal risk."

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1635

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3