Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Storyteller
Unregistered

I hope this can help people
      #4232 - 05/22/00 02:03 AM

Hi everyone. I use to be a regular on this site. I tend to stay away now but I still think about HIV from time to time. Not sure why but I do. I think it takes time to get it out of your head :) Just like when you break up with someone, you dont forget them right away but as time takes its toll, you do! Just like HIV! I had all the symptoms and I kept all them hidden inside until I couldnt keep it in any longer. I had this whitish tongue that was bothering me for like 2 months. Im only 18 so I didnt want to ask my mom to take me to the dentist just to have a look. Finally, i couldnt hold it in any longer. I said "Mom, stick your tongue out real far!" what do ya know, hers was white like mine too! It felf really good to get that off my chest. She doesnt know about my ordeal with the whole situation and I dont plan on telling her because I am going to put this whole thing behind me. I have to get it through my head that "I DONT HAVE HIV" I need to move on and look forward to going to college (and being safe of course :) ) I relied on god through this whole ordeal. It really helped me though it. It just takes time and I wish all of you safe and successful lives. Enough of my rambling :) It felt really good to type this and get it off my chest. Much Love to Everyone

Ryan

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I hope this can help people new
      #4254 - 05/22/00 08:10 PM

thanks ryan

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1107

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3