Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Afraid to take a test
      #42230 - 10/23/02 08:14 AM

Three years ago I had a relationship. The guy died last year December while in prison. There are rumours that he dies from HIV/AIDS.

I do not have any symptoms that I might be positive. My fear is I am now engaged to somebody who loves me very much and we never went for HIV test when we met. Is it possible that I can stay for three years without any sign or sickness. My fiance is also not sick.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Afraid to take a test new
      #42237 - 10/23/02 10:45 AM

some states make you take a test when you apply for a marraige license, so you might have to. If you havent noticed anything in three years then you are most likely hiv negative. You should take a test to ease your mind anyway. You should also contact your ex's family or doctor to advise them of your situation. I'm sure they will tell you of the cause of death because of you had an intimate relationship with him. The test is the hardest thing. BELieve Me, we've all been through it. But when you get those negative results it will be the best feeling in the world.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#42249 - 10/23/02 12:31 PM

YOU CANT GO BY SYMPTOMS OR LACK OF SYMPTOMS. GET TESTED!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#42299 - 10/24/02 06:35 AM

Well that is a bad feeling. If he died last year then most likely he was infected when you engaged sex with him bcause it takes longer than 3 years to succomb to AIDS. I would get tested in a hurry if i was you fast. At least your not alone your fiancee is now in it with you. Make sure that you do extensive testing because there are strains of this virus that cannot be picked up on an elisa test. You need to be very forceful in finding out the facts about this guy that was in prison and see if he tested positive on an elisa or what. Take the test even though you show no symptoms you can be positive for years. How many times did you have sex? Unprotected? Did you get sick right after at any time? Answer and I will try and help you as much as I can. This is a tough story!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1052

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3