Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

These US citizens.
      #4194 - 05/20/00 07:19 PM

Hello. Im from Central America, Costa Rica. The ELISA test we have here are imported both from France and from US. You see our country is great, great health, most of our doctors have studied at Europe and at the USA. But we are a third world country. Any G-7 country to as i great. So then i see positions of countries like France and from countries like USA. For us both countries are great. But I see you US citizen love your country and dont think is important what other places like France or Canada say. Of course you too are a world power and the best world power in terms of army. So, you see France and Canada in par or at the same height or even better. To us, all of these countries are great. I love the nacionalism of us citizen. Bet French people and Canadian people also dont care much about what the CDC says. Maybe yes, maybe not. The thing is everyone one of you trust your country at being the greatest. Thats why they make indepedence day in the USA or James Bond in UK!!!! .OK.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DUDE
Unregistered

Re: These US citizens. new
      #4197 - 05/20/00 09:36 PM

Reply to "These US citizens."
Your message is the clutter I want readers to avoid. I have no idea what you are talking about. I wonder if you have any idea what you are talking about. If you have taken an ELISA HIV anti-body test at the six month time period after possible exposure, and the results are negative, you are not infected.
What more do people want? Infection?
For those reading this message board and looking for factual information, follow the CDC's (Center for Disease Control) guidelines. I could recommend another factual site. However, I don't want Dr. Gallant to be inundated with
worried-well questions.
Finally, to all, my six month window is coming to and end very soon (a matter of weeks). I will not return to this board when I get my results, whether those results are positive or negative.
I feel like I'm fighting with people trying to mis-inform others that have legitimate concerns. Geez, no one's trying to lie about HIV.
Here's how I understand the sequence of events: You get infected. You seroconvert. You produce anti-bodies to the virus. Within 90 days after infection >90% of people test positive for infection on the HIV anti-body test. At 6 months >99.9% test positive for infection on the HIV anti-body test. If you test positive, you start meds. That's it!
All this crap about symptoms, arguements about PCR's, widow periods, et ceterea is counter productive.
DUDE

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4212 - 05/21/00 02:57 PM

The discussion was about different window period positions. The fact that the US is the only country saying 6 months and countries like France and Canada saying 3 months. So, does that mean that the US is the only one who knows whats hes talking about? So, places like Canada, UK and France are going to grow all the infections because they say 3 months and not 6 months? If only they all listened to the BIG BROTHER USA!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#4213 - 05/21/00 03:00 PM

You have said that everything Dr. Gallant says is gospel! So follow his line> he says after 3 month ELISA tests will get at least 95 to 99% of infections. Ok. (Im exactly like Worried 2000, trying to convince other and myself of the tiny little possibilities if ever of testing at 6 months. If only it worked!) haha

DUDE
Unregistered

NOT A POLITICAL FORUM new
      #4223 - 05/21/00 05:58 PM

Please find a political forum or chatroom to discuss your rage with. Your non-sense is clutter.
DUDE

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1887

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3