Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Kevin_In_Sydney

Reged: 10/13/02
To John and all it took me a year.......
      #41735 - 10/13/02 01:08 AM

.....don't sweat....to put this nightmare to an end I mean. Well it's been a whole year for me with my latest results just in....guess what...negative again. I've lost count of the number of tests I've taken...I'd say it's close to 30, including 4 PCR DNA's etc..etc. John in London I know how you feel...but I'm finally laying this to rest and moving on in fact my doctor says he refuses to test me any more. I'm pretty happy now that all is OK and I'm starting to move on with my life...as you should do also John. If I have learned anything from this is that there is a point where you need to let go...once you've done your best to try and be diagnosed and all the experts are telling you that your neg then it's time to leave it....it took me the full 12 months do that. The 3 month window period is accurate...and what they mean by that is that if you test neg at 3 months then the chance of seroconverting after that time is the same as the chance that you will be hit my lightning. So testing at 3 months as opposed to 12 months is basically the same...for some of us it justs takes longer to feel more secure....it's a head thing. As for all the wierd and wonderfull stories that are out there about delayed this and that....that's what they are wierd and wonderfull and if you were to investigate deeply enough you would find that they are all bullsh1t or could have been diagnosed with and number of the countless othertests that most of us have taken. I've still some work to do on my anxiety but I know that time will take care of that now. Oh yea if you've been unfaithfull to someone don't beat yourself up too much...your guilt and shame is your body and mind saying sorry....we hurt the ones we love the most.

God bless everyone here...the fact that we are all trying to make ammends for our actions speaks volumes...they're are pleanty of people that would'nt even bother to test.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 676

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3