Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

There will never be a cure
      #41665 - 10/11/02 05:37 PM

I read that all the vaccine trails have been hard to conduct because most people are not willing to be vaccinated and don't trust vaccines for HIV. Also there is a grwoing movement that is against all vaccines becuase they are unatural and can make you sick.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: There will never be a cure new
      #41682 - 10/11/02 07:39 PM

Also hiv may have been introduced into the Hep vaccine given to gay men in SF in 1980. This makes many gays afraid of vaccines.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: There will be a cure new
      #41685 - 10/11/02 07:47 PM

I see you are not as well informed as you think. The people that are working on the Vaccine, (i.e. Aaron Diamond AIDS Research institute, The Salk institute, and the UCLA AIDS Research center) are working very hard on a Vaccine. They have plenty of people who are willing to go through trials. The problem is they are funded buy grants and are limited on what work they can do by the grant. The benefits that were done above and beyond the grants are the only thing that has brought the research so close. The monies raised by walks and rides have moved the research much closer then they would be by just the grants alone, but those moneys have stopped coming in and they are back to working within the constrictions of the grant. If it won’t for charity walks and rides they would still be about 10yrs away from having anything they could test, now they are very close and hope to be doing clinical testing and trials with in a year.
Maybe you should be reading more accurate material or more up to date.

The G-Man

joe_swiss
Regular

Reged: 10/13/02
Re: There will never be a cure new
      #41747 - 10/13/02 12:27 PM

well (prophylactic) vaccine does not equal cure (therapeutic vaccine). however, successes on the one battle field may yield successes on the other battlefield.

and there are already huge (prophylactic) vaccine trials ongoing in Thailand. there are 5-10 different vaccine approaches in the pipeline right now, i bet one of them will be successful.

however only time will tell...

joe

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1221

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3