Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Testing At 12 Weeks
      #41590 - 10/10/02 04:09 PM

I am wondering about the accuracy of the Elisa test at 12 weeks. I had oral sex with another male (both giving and receiving). He did not ejaculate in my mouth, but I'm not sure if there was any pre-cum. I do not recall having any symptoms 2-4 weeks after the event. I just recently had my blood drawn for testing 12 weeks after the exposure (88 days to be exact). If the test comes back negative can I assume that it is conclusive and accurate and that I have not been infected with HIV? Or should I have a retest at 6 months? I have not had any other exposure since then.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Testing At 12 Weeks new
      #41593 - 10/10/02 04:37 PM

Yes you can, but remember you are a homosexual and that puts you in the highest risk group for contracting HIV. Everytime you have unprotected sex (oral or anal) you take a gun, put a bullet in the chamber, spin it, close it and pull the trigger!!! Everytime!!
Repent and don't engage in homosexual activity again. Find you a local church and attend.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41596 - 10/10/02 05:07 PM

a 12 week test is good enough CDC says the average time for a elisa test to turn poz is 25 days.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41600 - 10/10/02 05:15 PM

A 12 week test is fine for oral: its low risk. 6 month test is only suggested if you were exposed to someone who is known to be hiv-positive. Wear condoms! Its not fun, but it beats the alternative.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 998

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3