Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Drinking
      #41049 - 09/30/02 03:53 PM

What would be the chances of contracting the HIV virus from drinking a bottle of wine in South Africa after the local waiter cut his hand on the corkscrew while opening the bottle? Would alcohol have killed the virus anyway? This may sound like a worried question, but I'm one of life's worriers! Thanks, your help is appreciated!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Drinking new
      #41051 - 09/30/02 04:44 PM

Alcohol, saliva, semen and positive thinking kills the virus don't worry!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41054 - 09/30/02 05:17 PM

Ok semen does not kill the virus. Sorry had to make that correction. Anyway, once the virus hits the air, it dies. So don't worry, you're not at risk. You're just fine. No worries or HIV here. Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41062 - 09/30/02 08:21 PM

Semen is acidic in fact more acidic than salivia and it does kill the virus I read.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41065 - 09/30/02 08:49 PM

Was there any blood transferred to the bottle or any of the glasses? If not, no worry. If so, I would have demanded the restaurant destroy that bottle and provide you with another - I mean, come on! All blood should be considered contaminated if you don't know the medical status of the person from whom it comes, especially strange waiters in foreign lands. There are alot of things besides HIV, and much more contagious, that can be transmitted via blood - don't be afraid to politely speak up and say "I'm not drinking from that bottle now that you've bled on it, take care of your injury and please bring us a different bottle." Then again - only God knows what goes on in the kitchen - I shutter to imagine. We had a serious breakout of Hepatitis A here in our city because a Subway restaurant worker didn't wash his hands after wiping his ass, transferred some fecal matter to a pickel holder, and thus everybody who had pickles on their sandwiches shortly thereafter got Hep A. Three children died from it. What do I mean by all that? Hell I don't know, just gabbing. You'll be fine, just in the future, speak up for yourself.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41079 - 10/01/02 02:27 AM

No semen is not acidic. It is more salty than saliva, but it is not acidic. If Semen truly killed HIV on contact then no one in the world would be infected you fool. You seriously need to stop putting up false information. The post that stated that semen couldn't kill HIV is exactly correct.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3396

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3