Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

PLEASE HELP
      #41027 - 09/30/02 08:10 AM

I HAVE BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE SAME MAN FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS. BUT ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO I STARTED NOT FEELING WELL.I DEVELOPED SPOTS ON MY PALMS AND FEET,SOUR STOMACHS,HEADACHE. I WENT TO THE DR AND I WAS TOLD IT WAS JUST A VIRUS AND THE SPOTS WERE A REACTION TO A PREVIOUS SINUS MED. SINCE THEN I SEEM TO HAVE A BACKACHE THAT STAYS BETWEEN MY SHOULDERS. MY QUESTION IS, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR HIV SYMPTOMS TO SHOW. FROM READING OTHER POST IT SEEMS THAT THE TIME PERIOD IS ABOUT 2 WEEKS AFTER ENCOUNTER. SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND, I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY MIND. I SHOULD ADD THAT EXCEPT FOR A FEW SPOTS AND THE BACKACHE ALL THE OTHER AILMENTS HAVE GONE AWAY. ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: PLEASE HELP new
      #41031 - 09/30/02 09:13 AM

It does not sound like hiv symptoms, so you shouldnt worry. If you are sexually active and have had unprotected sex, I would recomend having a test done just for piece of mind. It will make you feel alot better when you get those negative results. Also, even though you have been with the same guy for 2 years, I would still make sure to always use condoms. Its the safest way to go.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41038 - 09/30/02 12:47 PM

Hello. Your symptoms are not likely related to hiv. I had spots on my hands from an allergic reaction and a change in diet. Not a big deal. Talk openly with your partner about these things. If you are not 100% sure the relationship is monogamous, always use condoms. Everyone should be tested. Get tested anyway and encourage your partner to do so especially if he has never been tested. Write back and let us know how you are doing.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#41073 - 09/30/02 10:45 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING. I MADE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE A DR ON FRIDAY. I'M PRAYIN WITH ALL THAT I HAVE IN ME THAT EVERYTHING IS OKAY. ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF CONSTIPATION IS A SIDE EFFECT OR SYMPTOM OF HIV.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1155

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3