Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
help1
Unregistered

scared shitless-tell parents of possibility of HIV
      #40952 - 09/28/02 04:06 PM

I had a low risk encounter (condom, no break no slip) with a high risk person (many sex partners status assuming HIV+ positive in retrospect) just 2 1/2 weeks ago, should I tell parents of possible exposure i.e. had one night stand?

Currently I am experiencing a number of symptoms of ARS (difficulty swalowing (swollen lymph nodes(?), spots on forearms, loss of appetite, diarrhea), occasional sweating during the day when noonelse seems to be sweating; I have occasional pain under arm pits, in funny bone are of elbow and inner bicept. THEN when I was on the airplane this morning reading over all the stuff that I had printed out the nights before, I felt what can only be described as a panic attack about to come on, I got hot and dizzy as i contemplated getting tested, picking up a result, and finding it positive, I feel like that would just be too devastating. I am sorry for being such a whinner but this is unlike anything that I have had to deal with before. I wonder what percentage of ARS symptoms are anxietly related, i.e. the number of people that have the matrix of symptoms near a possible expose and are not positive, I have read many posts and questions on the experts page where people have many symptoms and test negative at three months and 6 months and still do not believe the results, For me I would be so elated to have such results, I am envious of those people and wish I could have that same comfort of a 6 month negative test. I am really losing my [censored] over here, I know that every thing on the net says that condoms do an excellent job in preventing HIV, but there are exceptions, I am praying that I am not one of them.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: scared shitless-tell parents of possibility of HIV new
      #40955 - 09/28/02 06:02 PM

Your symptoms are anxiety related. Test at 13 weeks anyway for your peace of mind. You don't get hiv with a condom.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#40956 - 09/28/02 06:10 PM

The only possible way to contract HIV when using a condom is if it breaks. HIV is spread when semen, vaginal fluid or blood comes in contact with your mucous membrane. Using a condom prevents you from coming in contact with HIV infect fluids. If you are going to be sexually active ALWAYS use a condom properly and it will protect you against HIV and other STD's.

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
      #40973 - 09/29/02 12:07 AM

a lot of us DREAM that we are the one-in-a-million exception to the rule. ok maybe nightmare not dream. your mind starts racing unrealistically with this stuff. all the statistics and symptoms sends you into overdrive. i really blew a fuse or two with this but youre here soon enough to learn better.
to me you just sound really stressed. get tested if you want but probably unneccessary. should you tell parents? is it stressing you more keeping it from them or thinking of telling them? what are the consequences of telling them? maybe its the one night stand thing that you know would really dissapoint them.
best of luck to you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2257

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3