Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymouz
Unregistered

results & waiting time
      #40804 - 09/25/02 10:55 PM

hello,
i have taken my 3 month hiv test at my doctors office and it is neg. the dr said it was an antibody test and that he would get the results in about a weeks time - which he did and then he told me i am neg but he wanted me to retest at 6 months - a standard procedure - well - i would like to know from anyone who has ever had a rapid suds test. i read that tthe suds is the only fda approved rapid antibody eliza test. there is another doctors office (nyc) that does this and i can go there and get the 6 month test and get results that day -30 minutes. many people have gone there and it is a reputable place but my question is --- is the suds test just as good as the test that the other doctor did but made me wait almost a week for the results? can i trust the suds rapid test because i can not take the wait for the results. has anyone ever experience with the fda suds test? anyone out there from nyc?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: results & waiting time new
      #40815 - 09/26/02 10:00 AM

Hey, I am from NJ. I just had a negative test at 6 months from a family doctor. I am not sure what type of test they used either. I would think that all of the tests are accurate otherwise they wouldnt use them. However, I am not an expert, just another extremely scared person just as I imagine you are. Try not to worry, I have found that the worrying can cause many symptoms that will compound your worrying! If you wish to talk, post a message. I have become a regular on this site since my experience and wish to help you.

PS I have heard that you can be about 95% sure you are negative after 3 months, so you should be fine.

Anonymouz
Unregistered

#40826 - 09/26/02 11:49 AM

thanks!

Anonymouz
Unregistered

#40868 - 09/26/02 11:38 PM

when you say 6 months - how many weeks and days does that turn out to be? most say 6 months = 180 days.
thanks

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1588

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3