Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can we end the 12 vrs 13 week window!
      #40655 - 09/24/02 12:21 AM

once and for all ----
can someone explain if 3 months equals 12 weeks or 84 days or does 3 months equal 13 weeks?
how much of a difference can that 1 week - 7 days - make (seroconvert from neg to pos)if someone tested 7 days too early?
thank you

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Chi
Regular

Reged: 08/19/02
Re: Can we end the 12 vrs 13 week window! new
      #40657 - 09/24/02 02:18 AM

84 days is okay. But people just try to be cautious and to avoid double guessing their result consider the longer estimate..i.e. 90 days...that is 30 x 3.

And this mathematically, happens to be 13 weeks. That is why you keep reading about the 13 week figure.

Regarding a difference in result, between 84 days and 90 days, I think the chances are very very small. So, as I said before, all this is psychological, whatever makes you comfortable should be done.....the results will be the same either way.

I know of a guy who tested neg at 84 days and then tested neg at 160 days, 8 days short of the 24 week mark(168 days) and was still worried as he thought he tested too early. Now, what do you say to this ???

So it's all perspective, I think.

Chi.

Extremely
Unregistered

#40658 - 09/24/02 02:57 AM

There is no definitive answer to that one. Most people who are recently infected will, on current tests, actually test positive within 8 weeks. 12 weeks, 84 days, 13 weeks, 90 days are guidelines only. If you have tested negative at 84 days, chances are you are negative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

i say to that .... new
      #40668 - 09/24/02 10:17 AM

if every month has "30" days in it then 6 months x 30 days = 180 days. so,..... i will test at 180 days and then move on, i think 180 days - should finally put me at ease.
thank you chi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#40669 - 09/24/02 10:37 AM

They say that you are more than likely no infected. The statistics show most people will test positive in 2-8 weeks. So hopefully you are ok and I will pary for you because i know how you feel. I think the anxiety and depression I felt between when I took the test and got the results nearly killed me by itself. I had my test at 6 months after any possible exposure, and 5 and a half months after coming down with mono. To be honest, although the chances are near zero, I still get scared so I know how you feel totally. I guess we just have to trust the experts and try to move on with our lives. I have a new respect for life now and live everyday to the fullest. God bless.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1201

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3