Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
_AIDS_Realist
Unregistered

students are starting to get it
      #40026 - 09/14/02 01:41 PM

High School Offers Class on AIDS Rethinking

A private high school in Los Angeles invited Alive & Well to help design and teach a semester-long course this fall on the importance of healthy skepticism with regard to HIV and AIDS.

The philosophy of the school is to inspire students to think rather thanteaching them what to think. Our class activities will include reading and
discussing the book What If Everything You Thought You Knew About AIDS Was Wrong?, viewing the documentary Questioning AIDS in South Africa and the almost completed film The Other Side of AIDS, a debate, panels with medication-free HIV positives from various walks of life, presentations by
holistic medical doctors who reject the HIV hypothesis, and special

AIDS-rethinking guests Nate Mendel of the Foo Fighters and actor Esai Morales of NYPD Blue.

Cal State Long Beach to Feature Alternative AIDS Views

Volunteer at large Liam Scheff transferred to a large university last year with the hope of working as a journalist for a major campus publication. The
first article he pitched to the editor of Cal State Magazine was enthusiastically embraced: An interview with Alive & Well founder Christine Maggiore. Liam says ³The editor loves the idea of a prominent interview,
quite possibly for the cover. The Cal State Magazine is widely circulated among some 30,000 students and campus visitors. It will provide excellent exposure on the issue to thousands of young people.²

We met Liam at last year¹s WorldFest where he was volunteering for the group EarthSave in the booth next to ours. He¹s been an Alive & Well Supporter ever since. And speaking of of WorldFestS.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: students are starting to get it new
      #40034 - 09/14/02 05:19 PM

Aids_Realist
Personaly I think it is great that an Aids Rethinking class is offered to these students. At one point I was so paranoid at the thought that I might have had HIV that I couldn't sleep. A friend of mine pointed out the site Aidsmyth.com. I wrote an email to the site and told them my situation. A very kind individual actually took the time to write me back and answer all of my questions. She then told me about the Alive & Well organizations website. So, I went and read it. This site totally changed my perspective on things. I can now sleep at night because I'm not obsessing over HIV. It feels good to sleep. :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#40036 - 09/14/02 07:24 PM

While I still believe that HIV/AIDS kills its good that there are other approaches to it. People do have to remain open minded to new ideas this applies to the believers and the non-believers.

_clair_for_real
Unregistered

#40046 - 09/15/02 12:11 AM

That was interesting and no hate messages after it too! Got keep and open mind and heart!
Still kickin around!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1078

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3