Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do you know what is a swollen lymph node?
      #3995 - 05/15/00 09:14 PM

I have read many people saying that they have swollen lymph node. How can someone know they have a swollen lymph node in the neck or groin, for example? How does it feel. Can it actually hurt sometimes even without feeling it or touching it?. Ok. Thank you very much for your answers.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tom
Unregistered

Re: How do you know what is a swollen lymph node? new
      #4011 - 05/16/00 10:58 AM

We all have lymphnodes under the jaw, neck, shoulders,armpits,inthe back of our knees and elbows and other parts of the body. When there is a loclized infection ex. sreep throat, etc. the nearest lymphnodes get swollen, they get larger and can hurt. Any type of infection can make them swell. With an hiv infection the virus moves to the lymphnodes and replicates there thats why hiv infected people can have swollen nodes. Having swollen nodes does not indicate you are hiv infected! The best way to know if they are swollen is to see a doctor who touches them and can tell if they are larger than normal. Anyways, if you think you might have been infected by hiv take a test,(either through your doctor or through anonymous testing sites the cdc hotline 1800342aids can tell you where there is one near you)Taking the test is the only way to find out if you are infected, not through symptoms or swollen glands. Good luck

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13100

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3