Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
the_man
New User

Reged: 09/09/02
Thailand Worry - Please Help Me
      #39667 - 09/09/02 03:00 PM

Hi there. Nine weeks ago, when in holiday in Thailand, I stupidly and drunkenly paid a prostitute to give me an unprotected blow job. I also fingered her briefly. The night before, I french-kissed another girl of dubious employment in a bar.
Now I'm working on the assumption that they both probably had HIV because of the high rate in Thailand.
I know that Dr Kull and Dr Frascino say that the risk through these exposures is essentially nil and theoretical only but I don't buy it.
I have read on asian sites that the Thai strain (subtype e) is spread more efficiently through mucousal routes rather than blood. i have also read that if a man has unprotected sex with an infected thai woman, there is a 10 per cent chance he will become infected. I believe this must be true since men and women both have HIV in equal numbers in Thailand.
It's three weeks till my 12 week test and i am feeling so depressed and almost suicidal. does anyone know anything about HIV in Thailand? Has anyone had a similar experience?
can anyone say anything to reassure me? also, the thai strain apparently turns into AIDS within five years so i will be dead soon if i have it.
thank u

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Thailand Worry - Please Help Me new
      #39671 - 09/09/02 03:58 PM

SUCKS FOR YOU

Friend
Unregistered

Enough is Enough new
      #39676 - 09/09/02 06:45 PM

To answer the question. I saw the post from Dr. Kull to your question and that is mostly what I have been able to read on the web. Blow job, very low risk, Kissing very, very low risk, unless you and the other person had surgery in your mouth and there is blood and open cuts inside.
To the other NARROW MINDED BASTARD. If you are not going to help and start scaring people away, get the HELL out of this site. People like you desearve to get a nice kick in the @SS. I would like to know who you are and see if I could help you and educate you a little, believe me, I will be VERY nice with you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39680 - 09/09/02 07:07 PM

Hi there. I can't say much about your situation. All I can do is offer you some words of encouragement. I to have 2 weeks until my 12 week test. The only difference between us is that i'm a female and gave a bj to my ex bf. Granted it was not in Thiland, but I still know the panic you're going through. So in essence we're in reversal of situations. As far as I know, both of our situations are concidered extreamly low risk. So, that's a plus. I hope the best for you. I am sure you'll be ok. Just keep the faith. Hugs.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39683 - 09/09/02 08:33 PM

I am about to take my 3month test. My 12 week was negative and I took three different kinds. PCR, NAT,and Antibody. I am yet very scared.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: You people are always at war new
      #39688 - 09/09/02 11:14 PM

I see nothing changed on this board over the last couple of months.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1881

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3