Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

A COMMENT FOR THE JERK!!!
      #39549 - 09/06/02 08:08 PM

Ok, whoever it is that's posting horrible comments, needs to stop!!!! You are a jerk. Somthing tells me that you're probably infected and aren't taking it well. You probably think it's everybody elses fault and so you're taking your stress out on this board. Let me tell you somthing, people who come on here with a list of symptoms do not want to hear you say, "yes you have HIV, seek therapy immediately". Most people are just looking for comparisons, info and support. So stop your idiotic thinking. And if you aren't infected physically then I feel bad for you because you're deffinitely infected mentally. Your disorder is called, "Lack of Compasion" and that is worse than any physical ailment known to man. So take your dirty comments somewhere else. No one wants to hear them!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: A COMMENT FOR THE JERK!!! new
      #39551 - 09/06/02 10:05 PM

Who are you referring to?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39553 - 09/06/02 10:21 PM

I am refering to the man who replied to the following posts "I don't know what to do anymore" and "Misery"

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39562 - 09/07/02 01:06 AM

yup...that person is a real [censored]

Anonymous
Unregistered

who's THE JERK!!! new
      #39563 - 09/07/02 01:29 AM

You better stop sucking so much dick lil' girl if you can't handle the consequences.
You had no need to worry but you won't listen to anyone will you. You need to stop having sex until you are old enough to know what is what.
and no you can't get pregnant if he cums on your belly.

Anonymous
Unregistered

FOR YOUR INFORMATION new
      #39564 - 09/07/02 03:04 AM

I didn't write either of those posts. I was just commenting on what YOU were apparently saying. Sounds to me like you have a lot of growing up to do.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Enough of this !! new
      #39565 - 09/07/02 03:06 AM

crap

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #39574 - 09/07/02 07:46 AM

Why would you blame someone that is infected for comments like that? I've been around this board for two years and what I've seen is people that are infected posting to TRY and help those in the waiting period.

If someone was infected and not taking it well, I doubt they would bother with a bunch of worried wells. They would have much better things to do with their time.

Anyway, why get upset just because someone tells you 'yup you're infected' isn't that what you all think anyway? Or is this just some sort of drama you are enjoying, but deep down you really do expect a negative result, and any comments to the contrary point to the fact you haven't really accepted the fact the result might be positive?

You all spend a lot of time being worried about a positive result, how many of you spend any time mentally accepting the fact it MAY be positive? If you were doing that I don't think comments such as you complain about would bother you so much. You'd just be saying 'Yep, it's a possibility'

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39582 - 09/07/02 01:52 PM

Say out of it miss know nothing!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39593 - 09/07/02 06:56 PM

Jackie,
I don't understand you. You contradict yourself all the time. One minute you're all over someone for being an ass, then the next you're joining in. One minute you're giving valuable advice, the next your blowing smoke up peoples asses. Are you sure you aren't bi-polar?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: FOR YOUR INFORMATION new
      #39595 - 09/07/02 07:56 PM

Get lost jackie thats not even your real name!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39610 - 09/08/02 02:33 AM

Way to go Jackie, you hit the nail right on the head. Great job keep up the awesome advice your a very smart person indeed. BTW i really enjoy reading all of your posts'. Have a great night!
A fan

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Don't read if you scare easy! new
      #39615 - 09/08/02 09:48 AM

Dear Anonymous,

Oh? I suppose you think I should always be Miss Sunshine? I've never met anyone that can always 'blow sunshine up someone's ass all the time. Polly Sunshine I ain't. :)

I suppose I do just gloss over the truth of this disease most of the time. Why not, you all just have your toes in the water, but thank the good Lord, you won't ever have to jump in.

About the only times I'm 'blowing the smoke' is when my patience has worn thin by someone that obviously is not postive and won't let it go, and prejudical, thoughtless remarks about people with HIV. Especially those. Of course on that point, one would think that if a person was worried about being positive, they would be careful of those comments, since if they really BELIEVED they were positive, those comments would apply to them also.

Sometimes I post something that has to do with the other half, a side you will never know. Doesn't mean I contradict myself. Just sometimes, I don't always post what people want to hear.

All anyone has to do is even mention the thought of a test being positive for someone and the WHOLE board goes off the deep end.

It happens because not one of you really has dealt with the 'what if' I am positive. You post that you are sure you are infected, yet if someone agrees with you it frightens you. Sometimes I'm reminded of kids telling ghost stories. It's scary, but deep down you know you are safe. However if there was any hint the ghost story could come true, you go into denial and attack the source of what scared you.

You do yourselves no favor by not really learning about this disease. Yes, you all can quote any number of facts concerning ELISAs, WB's, SUDs, PCR DNA's and RNA's. You've learned all the symptoms for most diseases out there. You read horror stories about people that are infected. But you do all this in safe comfort.

The truth is this is a nasty disease. The truth is that you bounce from site to site trying to match symptoms and coming up with symptoms for OI's, scaring yourselves needlessly. Other than symptoms and tests how much do you really know about HIV?

If any of you were mentally preparing for a positive result, you would spend less time in the drama and more time dealing with the mundane. You would spend your time trying to learn about the meds and when they are needed. What are the side effects. What looks like the best combination. You would be spending your time looking at mundane things like, life insurance, (rarely can get it, and then only at extremely high cost), health insurance, programs to help pay for health insurance, ADAP programs, you might learn little things like a person with HIV, even early stages should pump vitamins, because a person with HIV doesn't absorb nutrients as they should. You'd be learning about what rights you have. You'd be memorizing the ADA. You'd be mentally going over the list of friends in your mind, deciding who is safe to tell and who isn't. You'd be preparing for the fact you might guess that wrong and suddenly find yourself losing friends you had told. Of course the upside to that is the friends you keep are true friends. The down side to that is - who will they tell? Try picking up the phone one day and finding out someone you didn't want to know, knows. And you're caught off guard. All that is just some of the life changes you learn to deal with.

I won't even go into what happens when a person has treatment failure, which happens more than you would think. You could certainly get a feel for what it's like, by reading some of the posts on the other boards. Bottom line is this disease still kills.

All that being said, people on this board don't test positive. I've only seen a few instances where a person really had something to worry about. However, if people are testing for HIV, or anything for that matter, then they should mentally prepare themselves for an outcome they really don't want.

If this side is too scary for you to deal with, that it's easier just to brush me off as 'Bi-Polar' then so be it.

The real key is to learn how to deal with all that, and still be able to find the magic and wonder of life all around you.:) Something that's not always easy to do.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2346

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3