Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Unlucky
Unregistered

To Dylan & Mark Re: Geographic Tounge
      #39507 - 09/05/02 10:57 PM

Hey Mark and Dylan
Or anyone who knows anyting about geographic tongue
You can read my posts Im one of the original Dirty Dozen and one of the last to fall
One of the main problems I have in acepting I don't have HIV is this Geo tongue Ive had it now for 10 months and it really is a nuisance. It comes and goes but sometimes it really hurts. Have you guys found out anything about it, causes, treatments etc. I also have very dry mouth with severly coated tongue. Im no wacco Im 40 something with two kids and a wife and buisness and a college education. This has just got the best of me. Every other symptom I had is on the list of HIV unless there gonna rewrite the book on stress.
20 lbs lost
nightsweats
waking up with hand completly numb
little finger numb all day long for 2 weeks
headaches
diziness
side pain
petachaie
rashes
iticyiness
neck pain
abdominal pain
myalgia
mental confusion
and much more
Right now all thats left is the mouth problems
Wish you guys the best
Any help would be appreciated
Also Hello to the Dirty Dozen
Thanks
Unlucky

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

To Dylan & Mark Re: Geographic Tounge new
      #39509 - 09/06/02 12:05 AM

your a NUT JOB spend more time looking for a shrink instead of your so called symptoms. get a life!

confused
Unregistered

To Dylan & Mark Re: Geographic Tounge new
      #39513 - 09/06/02 12:39 AM

Hey bud ,how are ya ,I took of on holidays for about 3 weeks.I know your no waco and neither am i as you know i have a wife and 2 kids also.Its been 10 months now since my possible exposure and i still have symptoms and some are getting worse.aches in arms are worse,pain in side is worse,still have the coated tounge annd feeling nauseated more often,also my wifes arms are hurting more to.I think im back to being a worried well,my symptoms are definetly not stress.after reading the anonomous post on hep c maybe thats what we got.I phoned the Canadian liver foundation and was told my symptoms sound like liver problems also they said most people test pos for hep c by 6 months but 5 out of every hundred take up to a year.they also said that hep c usally is transmitted by sex but its not all that rare,all it takes is asmall scrape or raw spot or sore on your penis and it can happen very easy.They said i should test out to a year and also get my liver ensymes checked,With the symptoms i have i could be infected and not produced enough antibody's yet.Im going next week for more test,take care.

Unlucky
Unregistered

To Dylan & Mark Re: Geographic Tounge To Confused new
      #39521 - 09/06/02 09:24 AM

Hey Bud
Sorry to hear yor still not feeling well either. Whats with the coated tongue thing. It just won't go away Have you tried a scraper. My mouth is soooo dry and with the geo tongue its really a mess. Thanks for the info on Hep C I havnt tested for that only B As far as the stress theory Im not sold yet either mostly because things have come and gone and there was a time when it at its worst. Keep in touch. Best to you and your family
Unlucky

confused
Unregistered

To Dylan & Mark Re: Geographic Tounge To Confused new
      #39523 - 09/06/02 10:39 AM

I haven't tried a scraper but i tried to scrape it off with a spoon but no luck.Im going to the doc today but im sure he'll just say im nuts if he won't do anymore tests im going to another one,will let you know.The worst part of all this is worring about my wife and kids and possibly having infected her ,im sure you feel the same anyhow i aslo wish you and yours the best.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3231

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3