Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

ARS
      #39144 - 08/31/02 11:12 PM

Is a fever of 99.9 for one day with diarehea one time and sore throat indicative of ARS. It happened about 2 weeks after a risky unprotected sexual encounter. Also are swollen lymph nodes extremley noticeable(painful) or do you really have to search for them, I mean I push hard on my neck and can feel one about the size of a marble, should I be concerned. I went to the doctor for some allergies last week and he checked for swollen nodes in my neck and did'nt say anything. Someone please answer me cuz I am stressing out.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS new
      #39147 - 09/01/02 01:38 AM

First and foremost, HIV is not diagnosed by symptoms alone. Second off if your nodes are swollen becuase of HIV, then they are also swollen in your groin and your armpits. If you have to push hard to feel them, then they're not swollen. Third off, simply because you had a mild fever and some loose stools it doesn't mean you have HIV. Maybe you ate some bad food or somthing. Also you mentioned going to the doctor for your allergies. If you are on any allgergy meds, those could be the cause of your loose BM. A fever for one day does not constitue ARS. To be sure however, you need to take an HIV test at 90 days post exposure. And don't have sex with unknown people anymore. It's just simply not a good idea. Or if you do, USE A CONDOM!! You need to relax!! Don't stress yourself out over this. Stress is also a killer. Hope this helps!

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. This is simply based off of personal knowledge and experiences.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sex is filthy thats why... new
      #39149 - 09/01/02 01:53 AM

God only wants us to use sex to produce children. If you get hiv it is because you went agiansts god's laws plain and simple. You SHOULD have used a condom!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Sex is filthy thats why... new
      #39150 - 09/01/02 02:04 AM

The post above is heartless and cruel. Please stay off this board with comments like that. People come on here with legitimate concerns that need to be addressed in a sesitive manner. Do not post things like that anymore.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Should have worn a condom new
      #39152 - 09/01/02 02:29 AM

Everybody knows about safe sex by now. So its a choice if you want to risk infection. Why have unsafe sex then worry about it?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39154 - 09/01/02 02:35 AM

Yes everybody does know the risk of unsafe sex. It is important to remeber that unsafe sex isn't good, but in the meanwhile, it is also important to have some compasion for others. This is just an example: My friend of 12 years has been married for 7. She just found out 2 months ago that she is HIV positive. She contracted it from her husband who cheated on her. You would think that being married, they could go without the protection. So wheather someone is married or single, it is always a risk factor. I honestly think that lack of compasion for those in need of, is going to be the biggest downfall of man.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39155 - 09/01/02 02:41 AM

What are the chances in numbers of contracting from a poz person during a one time unprotected encounter?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39156 - 09/01/02 02:50 AM

1 in 500

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS new
      #39163 - 09/01/02 10:04 AM

If you feel your neck long and hard enough you will eventually feel your nodes. They are about the size of peas but can easily swell to marble size due to the slightest infection in mouth or even allergies. HIV ARS presents with generalized lymph swelling meaning they are everywhere not just your neck. You don't have ARS, but take a antibody test at 3 months to be 100% sure and then don't do stupid things to put you at risk again

Simon
Unregistered

Who are you to say. new
      #39164 - 09/01/02 10:51 AM

Who are you to say what can and can't be replied with. While I don't agree with their limited over the top super christian approach to HIV they have every right to post their opinion.
Just as you can reply that you don't agree with them.

I think if you or they are too sensitive to handle replies or not intelligent enough to know what opinons to take with a grain of salt, then you or they have a much bigger problem then possibly being infected from a one time encounter.

also I do agree with the poster on one thing... some sex is filthy.

I like fithy sex. Isn't it more fun.
Simon

bill johnson
Unregistered

Re: tatoos for hiv poz new
      #39169 - 09/01/02 01:56 PM

I think all people should be tested in society. I think that all people who are poz should be tatooted as well. I think Jackie made this point before? That way everyone would know who is poz and who is neg. So then if you sleep with someone you know their status. Jackieblue keep up the good work.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39172 - 09/01/02 03:50 PM

What????!!!! That is exactly what was done to the jews during the time of Hitler!! They were tattooed with numbers. So are you saying we should tattoo all poz people and let them be chastize from the rest of the world? So we should do this to people who are poz so that everyone else can go and have sex with anybody they choose to? (How about everyone just do this, since we're being crude anyway, How about we do tattoo all poz people, we castrate the poz males, make the poz females cover their heads, and all healthy people can just throw rocks at them.) Or how about we reverse it, all healthy people have to be tattooed saying they're healthy so poz people know. OR HOW ABOUT THIS, WE ALL PRACTICE SAFE SEX. WE ALL HAVE COMPASION FOR ONE ANOTHER WEATHER POZ OR NOT!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39174 - 09/01/02 06:41 PM

I kind of agree with the previous poster although I don't think tatoos would be right. We must find a way for those infected to not infect others. Maybe they could report to an agency about their sexual partners and give them info so it could be kept track of.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39175 - 09/01/02 06:43 PM

The health department already does that. If a person finds out they're infected they're supposed to report it to the health department along with a list of names of recent partners. This is however on a volunteer basis only. If this were forced upon people it would be a violation of their right to privacy.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
We'll get you one first Terry new
      #39176 - 09/01/02 07:20 PM

Terry when are you ever going to start to comphrend what you are reading. Tattos, PLEASE even you have gone to far this time. As the other post showed this is the one subject dissenents and sensible people that are poz can agree. Closed minded thinking like that is ONE thing we all need to work against constantly.

Really Terry, that was just plain stupid. Are you running out of ways to disrupt this board?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7445

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3