Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
newperson

Reged: 05/12/00
it might help to share
      #3913 - 05/12/00 03:01 PM

I recently had possible blood contact - I assisted someone and later noticed "mystery blood" around an opened blister on my hand. I figured it was my own blood, until I started getting a metallic-like headache and sore throat 5 days later. It was followed by a swollen feeling in my neck, loss of appetite and 2 days of loose stools - no diarrea or fever. Had negative hiv test at 2 weeks. Doc says it looks like a common virus, since 5 days is too soon for symptoms to show, and according to her, the contact I had poses low risk. She checked for swollen glands and found none. She says to get another blood test in 6 months to be sure.

Going into 4 weeks now, the symptoms come and go. Sore throat and neck pain seem concentrated on the left side. My stomach at times feels like a cross between acid stomach and hunger pangs. I've been eating about twice as much as normal, including high-calorie foods, but not gaining any weight, which is strange.

It all seems like too much of a coincidence since I'm normally pretty healthy, so I worry about it. Yet I know I have to be prepared for whatever the outcome is, and worrying doesn't help that at all. Needless to say, the next 5 months are gonna be hell.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1135

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3