Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

More ARS questions
      #3906 - 05/11/00 09:45 PM

Is it possible to have ARS after 6 months?
I had soar/aching leg, arm, neck, etc at 10 months, but
the uncomfortable feelings only stayed minutes/seconds and then went away. When I had this body aching symptom for
a week, I decided to take a HIV test because I found out
the body aching is one type of ARS symptoms. The result came back negative. The body achings went away at that time too. But now at 12 months, I had a soar throat for three days and the body achings come back too. (I still have) I worry that they may be still due to HIV. Now it is 12 months already. I am really afraid that if I go to get tested again, I'll get the positive result since this test will be done after my ARS symptoms and I heard that after ARS, the result will be positive. Please adive!!

P.S. I am sure it has been 12 months because I only had
one possible exposure in my life ( I did a blow job for
a man) Except that, I have no sexual exposures. I am still
a virgin. Many thanks for the answer.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Taz
Unregistered

Re: More ARS questions new
      #3909 - 05/12/00 02:17 AM

It's almost impossible that you would have ARS this late after being infected. All scientific evidence points to ARS occuring AT MOST 6-8 weeks after infection (and even this is unusual). This assumes, of course, that you have not had any additional high risk exposures.

I am (was) in the same situation as you and everyone else who posts here. Once you believe you might have been infected by HIV, it's difficult to shake the thought. I have been tested at 3 months, 7 months, and now 12 months as of last Friday. All negative. I am (finally) reaching the point where I can firmly believe that all my symptoms were the result of my immune system getting beat down by stress and anxiety.

If you want peace of mind, you can always get another test. It's extremely unlikely that you would test positive.

Good luck.

Tom
Unregistered

Re: More ARS questions new
      #3911 - 05/12/00 10:14 AM

If your test was negative 6monts after your exposure you are Negative and thats that! Dont worry about it anymore, it could be a flu or some other type of virus. Just remember to be safe from now on. Carry a condom around with you all the time, not in the wallet because it gets damaged very easily there but in your pocket and change it regularly if you dont use it. Also try and think before you act and dont trust anybody you dont know. Good luck

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1352

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3