Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

symptoms
      #39050 - 08/29/02 10:07 PM

Does it take longer for minor cuts and wounds to heal if you are hiv +. I am a little worried that I was exposed to hiv and than 2 weeks after I noticed I was bruising easier and my cuts were taking longer to heal, is this indicative of early hiv infection?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: symptoms new
      #39057 - 08/29/02 10:37 PM

No. HIV attacks the CD4 cells. This has to do with how the body protects itself from some diseases. Just like a person with HIV has the same colds with the same serverity as someone that is negative. The time it take to heal from a cut is not affect by HIV. HIV doesn't affect the healing process.

Easy bruising can sometimes be an indication of a medical condition, but not HIV. Are you sure you are bruising easier or are you just noticing it more since you have a concern. It's just typical human nature to notice things about the body that were always that way when you have a health concern.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: symptoms jackie new
      #39061 - 08/29/02 11:28 PM

Jackie,
I also noticed i have been getting more colds since the exposure which was about 4 months ago, is it common to get more colds if i were positive? I had a negative elisa at 8 weeeks.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39064 - 08/29/02 11:55 PM

Could be ARS related!

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: symptoms jackie new
      #39065 - 08/29/02 11:56 PM

http://www.hopkins-ssjs.org/forum/view_question.html?section_id=61&category_id=84&id=19179

http://www.hopkins-ssjs.org/forum/view_question.html?section_id=61&category_id=95&id=26829

These should help put you at ease. Now an 8 week negative is an excellent sign that you are not infected. Since you are now outside the window, why don't you just get that final test and be done with all this?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39071 - 08/30/02 12:34 AM

Thanks Jackie, I want to get that next test but my doctor is not letting me, i am in the military in south korea and they wont give me a test until october and i cannot go off base and get one cuz we are not allowed in korean hospitals so i do not know what to do. I do not want to wait until october cuz the stress is killing me, what should I do?

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
      #39072 - 08/30/02 01:34 AM

jackies probably right about not testing much more but can you get packages there? how about ordering a home access?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39113 - 08/30/02 07:31 PM

why are you selling them now?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39115 - 08/30/02 08:05 PM

I guess I could order one, I need to do something cuz I am freaking out and have convinced myself I am positive. Could stress make me develop symptoms?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
3 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1909

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3