Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Kevin
Unregistered

RE: Kimberly Howard
      #38935 - 08/27/02 06:44 PM

Dear All (Especially John in London),

Well as the saying goes....if it looks like sh1t and it smells like sh1t then it's sh1t. Well this story is no different. I've spoken to Kimberly Howard by phone. At the time she was experiencing symptoms she tested negative via ELISA. She was diagnosed with PCP and hospitalised where she found out that she had 2 T-Cells and a viral load (Viral Load John!!!!!!!!). She has tested positive via PCR DNA and RNA. I did'nt even bother to ask her about the ELISA and WB as Kimberly does'nt really sound like she know's what she talking about. I asked her has she produced antibodies and she said yes. She says at the moment that she has an undetectable viral load due to the meds she is on. It's rubbish anyway! She tested positive via DNA and RNA. Kimberly was far more interested in telling me how the doctors told he that it "was impossible for to have HIV as she was white and in a stable relationship", I find it hard to believe that she would have been told this by any doctor. This case is about book sales and nothing more! So once again we see an unusual case on the internet torn to shreads. John she tested poz on PCR RNA and DNA did that sink in!! How many of these tests have you done! Your negative.....end of story. If you have any questions please post them and I will reply.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: RE: Kimberly Howard new
      #38945 - 08/27/02 11:04 PM

Great follow up Kevin, one question. Did she only test negative during her window period? And as her story says she tested negative when hospitalized on ELISA, was that the case as an undetectable strain by ELISA or was it just in her window period? Also was she tested with standard VL test the ROche Amplicor 1.0? Thank you for your answers

Kevin
Unregistered

Kimberly Howard new
      #38948 - 08/28/02 12:04 AM

Dear Anonymous,

OK...I'm reluctant to get into this too much as it may just open up a hornets nest. It was the standard viral load testing that most of us have had done. Kimberly was slightly vauge as she did not really seem to know the specifics. She said that she had a T-Cell count of 2 when she was diagnosed, my assumption is that her immune system was so low she was unable to produce antibody and the first time she was tested was in the window period. The PCR DNA and RNA picked her up immediatly. There's no point going into which version was used (standard one anyway) because the article was written by people that just don't know what they're talking about. I don't want to pester the lady as she's been through alot so I will wait a while before I contcat her again. Bottom line there is far more to this case than meets the eye, I really would'nt worry about it.......and I'm one of the biggest worry wells here. Anyway if you have any more questoins I happy to answer.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1213

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3