Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oral Sex (How risky)
      #38818 - 08/25/02 12:19 PM

Can someone contract hiv from performing or receiving oral sex? If so is it a low or high risk behavior. Thanx.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Oral Sex (How risky) new
      #38820 - 08/25/02 12:23 PM

Very low risk, with no open sores in the mouth the saliva kills the virus immediatly.
Also be sure of your partners status by asking, if they are HIV+ they will tell you.

The G-Man

Anonymous
Unregistered

#38821 - 08/25/02 12:26 PM

getting head is no risk. giving head is a very very very small risk

_John_31_
Unregistered

#38837 - 08/25/02 08:20 PM

This is where I get a chuckle when I hear things like "saliva kills HIV"! Come on how can saliva kill HIV and the immnue system cannot? Now of course they have poor theories to cover that like HIV hides in our nodes and waits or the right opportunity to strike like some sort of "terrorists" hiding in a cave. Its all a little crazy to me to think that people will believe almost anything the AIDS establishment will dish out.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Rumor Alert!!!!!!!!!! new
      #38839 - 08/25/02 09:25 PM

It's not medical science that says HIV hides in the lymph nodes. It's the Worried Well, that refuse to believe what science actually says that spreads this ridiculous rumor.

Really, HIV hiding in a lymph node waiting to strike. Science Fiction! Hmmmmm.....Might make a good movie......'THE PREDATORY VIRUS STRIKES!' It hides, It escapes detection, It walks on land!

Please people, a virus is just a virus. You can attach any kind of fear level you want to any virus. The more fear, the more ways people seem to think it can evade detection, or whatever.

Personally, I'm more worried about West Nile. Think about it. The number of infections, while still small, is increasing at an alarming percentage. The area that it is affected is increasing quickly. NO CURE. Now there's something to worry about....gee I wonder if I could sue a mosquito for non-disclosure?

_clair_for_real
Unregistered

Re: Rumor Alert!!!!!!!!!! new
      #38843 - 08/25/02 10:29 PM

West Nile is just hype from what I understand if your healthy it won't effect you. If you trust everything you see on the news as reality your in trouble. It appears to be a ploy to spray harmull yet profitable pesticides over urban areas like they did in NYC.

Simon
Unregistered

#38846 - 08/25/02 10:51 PM

Oh yes Clair... that must be it. You neglect to say why they haven't sprayed the pesticides yet. Why they waited for an 81 year old man to die from it before they decided to turn a buck. Why wouldn't they just spray in the begining before the larvae had a chance... I'll tell you why, because they don't want to spray those chemicals if they don't have too. I live in an area where they just found 3 birds infected and I am not sweating it, but I bet if I was elderly or had a elderly relative with me I would want them to spray and wonder why they hadn't already.
They won't spray in my area and that's because at this point in the season it really won't matter. They will spray where that man died as a result of public concern and demand.
Maybe if you spent as much time learning about HIV as you spend on your silly little conspiracy theories you wouldn't be wasting yours, mine and everyone elses time here.

Simon

_clair_for_real
Unregistered

#38852 - 08/26/02 12:45 AM

Your out of it! Call it a conspiracy or whatever you want its your choice. Its 2002 not the 50's get a life!

Fred
Unregistered

Re: Claire!!!!!!!!!! new
      #38859 - 08/26/02 10:14 AM

Simon made a valid argument. As for everything else I can't see what this has to do with the 50's or HIV. Maybe my dear girl it is you that needs to "get a life".
A quick note as far as conspiracies go: anyone else notice that clair and John 31 sign their names the same way? hmmmm maybe they are the same person. Maybe clair wishes she was a man or maybe it's john31 who is acting out his fantasies of being a woman or wait maybe it is the split personality symptom of hiv that none of the experts talk about because that is the one defining symptom they use to make a diagnosis. hmmm

_Clair_for_real
Unregistered

#38862 - 08/26/02 01:20 PM

I sign my name that way because idiots like you registered my name and so I copied the dissidents with the underscore thing. Who are you Fred? Your parinoid!!

Gurrrls Fight Back!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#38863 - 08/26/02 01:56 PM

I guess you get your grammar and spelling abilities from the dissidents too?

Fred
Unregistered

#38864 - 08/26/02 02:49 PM

Claire you are obviously a disturbed child. It is a shame that in this day and age your parents couldn't talk to you about safe sex and or abstinence and self respect so you had the ability to say "NO" because you are truly too immature to handle sex.
Am I an idiot? hardly.
Paranoid? no, but that doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.
In case you haven't figured it out that was a joke. Same as my previous post.

copy the dissidents, well there's a roll model for ya!
Fred

Anonymous
Unregistered

#38866 - 08/26/02 03:42 PM

It is so good too see other gurrrls on here! Since you are neutral on here clair, it might be idiots like him who stole your name, or it might be dissidents who did it, I don't know yet. I will be neutral until we find out. Thanks for warning us, I registerred mine so it wont hapen to me.

I know how we can use our gurrrl power to find out who is doing the name stealing. Here is what we can do. We wont believe anything that any boyz posts because they might be lieing to us. What we can do is go back for 10 or 20 pages on here and see who is trying to use other peoples names, but maybe just spelling them a little different to try to trick us. I bet if their is anyone doing that, that is the same people stealing your name! It might be idiots like him or it might be dissidents, I don't know, but us gurrrls will use our power to find out, and then we can warn everybody together!!!! And they thought they could trick us!

PS It is so nice to find someone netral on here to.

Darlene

Reged: 08/26/02
      #38867 - 08/26/02 03:46 PM

Ok, Claire, I regisitered my name like I said. If you wqant to write me, I hope you will.

Gurrrls rule!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#38870 - 08/26/02 04:50 PM

YOU NEED A DIFFERENT BOARD---YOU'RE RETARDED! AND CLAIR ISN'T REGISTERED. SO KEEP BEING A FOLLOWER YOU DUMBASS WANNABE.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7564

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3