Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

TESTS?TESTS?WINDOWS?
      #3863 - 05/10/00 11:37 AM

Everyone is REALLY concerned about tests and window periods. I know what the CDC says, but EVERYONE seems to agree that the CDC guidelines are outdated and REALLY conservative. Is there any sense in getting a PCR test or will a negative PCR mean nothing because it's not the "official" screening test??? Has anyone ever heard of someone getting a negative PCR result but later testing positive on an ELISA/WB??? What is your opinion on windows for PCR tests? ELISAs? Good luck.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Worried 2000
Unregistered

Re: TESTS?TESTS?WINDOWS? new
      #3884 - 05/10/00 11:30 PM

I posted earlier about this. I had PCR tests done at 14, 31 and 33 days as part of a study done by Harvard/Mass General Hospital in Boston. All were negative. One measured DNA down to 50 copies, the others measured RNA viral load down to 400 copies.

The doctors as Mass General, who are recognized as some of the best in the world, all said they know of nobody who has gone from PCR negative at one month to HIV positive. There might, of course, be some selection bias at work.

90 days is tomorrow. I am going to get an Elisa test on Monday.

Then hopefully I can move on.

I also spoke with someone on the phone from teh CDC. They said their official guidelines are that it is "rare" to test positive after 3 months.

Any more info is of course welcome. Good luck to everyone.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: TESTS?TESTS?WINDOWS? new
      #3885 - 05/10/00 11:56 PM

I think this page is full of a lot of good information that may relieve many of us of our fears. Just in this section of the forum there is a lot of good info about the 3 month window period.
We all have heard many many opinions both of wich coincide it will be extremely rare or highly unlikely to test positive after a 3 months negative test.
But I think all of us at this point that we have read all the plenty of information are done on the factual things. Now its just a think of faith. Now lets put all in the hands of God and on his will and put all of our trust in Him. Amen.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1578

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3