Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wanted to share this..
      #38141 - 08/12/02 10:27 PM

I've been an HIV worrier for over 2 months now since I started displaying weird ongoing symptoms. All my exposures were over 5 years ago. Tested neg 2 times last month on ELISA at different labs, plus my husband also tested neg. I'm thinking maybe to have a PCR as well just for peace of mind. Anyways, that's not what I wanted to say. After neg tests I started researching about other causes of my symptoms, and guess what - there are loads of other diseases to be concerned about with same symptoms! Main one that I am concerned about is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome- causes swollen lymph nodes (WW favorite!), severe fatigue, joint and muscle pain, memory problems, sore throat - all HIV-like! Some more diseases that doctor suggested are: lupus, fibro, mycoplasmosis, chlamydia. I'm now gonna test for all of those. I guess my point is - don't get so focused on HIV only, there are REALLY loads of other things with similar symptoms.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Just wanted to share this.. new
      #38146 - 08/13/02 02:54 AM

Including mental induced sickness like; sweats, trembing and numbness and even low engery and t-cells...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1456

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3