Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Kevin
Unregistered

Just trying to give some perspective
      #38137 - 08/12/02 08:15 PM

Dear All,

The Kimberly story is something I saw a long time ago and I knew it was only a matter of time before it surfaced here. I'm one of the biggest worriers here with negative ELISA, PCR DNA, Western Blot and P24 all out to 8 months but the Kimberly story is full of holes. Nowadays with the tests available that would'nt happen...period. The story is sensationalism at it's best and the people that put it there have a responsibility to disclose the facts of the case. I'll make it my business to call the people involved. This delayed seroconversion thing is something that is very close to my heart and has caused me a plethera of anxiety and stress, by the way for stress I highly recommend St. John's Wort, a natural herb that can be bought at any pharmacy without prescription, it's fantastic, really takes the edge of the physical symptoms of stress. I'm seeinf a physciatrist today to see if he can do anything for me, I was with a councellor yesterday who works in the area of HIV, this guy was amazing. This week he has seen 7 cases of seroconversion. All of the people were caught at 3 weeks post exposure, yes 3 weeks post exposure I sh*t you not. They were all caught with PCR DNA and there viral loads were through the roof, they all had severe flu like symptoms. 1 of them was put on PEP immediatly after the exposure, within 10 hours and was still detected via PCR DNA at 3 weeks. My councellor told me he has never seen a seroconversion taking longer than 8 weeks that's just the antibodies and he has been working in HIV since it as first discovered and he has seen over 1000 seroconversions. If your negative at 3, 6 months in this day and age forget it. If you doubt it for a second get the PCR DNA done and your home free. The Kimberly case is dog sh*t the ELISA that were used must have been sourced from ELISA's R US. If she even had the PCR RNA done it would have shown something. How did they even make an AIDs diagnosis if there was no evidence of HIV, for christ sake she even says that she was in a relationship with a bisexual man for 2 years!!, why is there no mention of his status did they not think to test him, I mean c'mon.....hello! Her doctor must have been from Mars. Anyway from talking to my councellor he really put my mind at ease. If your infected you'll know about it expecially with all the tests we go through. Think about it, it's an easy disease to diagnose these days. My councellor saw 7 cases in 1 day. At any given time there are usually 7 people posting here with negative tests at 3 months, so do the maths. Our problem is stress and anxiety and reading into these wierd cases, and the CDC no nothing of Kimberly..........Jesus she wrote a book!!.....bloody hell....anyway it's bullsh*t and has no relevence in the modern arena of testing that most of us have subjected ourselves to.

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Extremely
Unregistered

Re: Just trying to give some perspective new
      #38139 - 08/12/02 09:04 PM

Great post! Thank you!

Kevin
Unregistered

Oh yea by the way.. new
      #38140 - 08/12/02 09:38 PM

Dear all,

I have the number of the lady that wrote this article and I'm making it my business to track down the facts of the case. My guess the facts of the case are related to Kimberly's sales revenue for her f**K'n book!

Kind Regards,

Kevin

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Just trying to give some perspective new
      #38142 - 08/12/02 10:55 PM

Awesome post PLEASE let us know what answers you find out about your call and her story!! Although I am quit sure that the lady who wrote this book might not be willing to reveal the REAl story b/c it would cause alot of controversy

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1159

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3