Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
unknown
Unregistered

brown spots
      #38034 - 08/10/02 02:50 PM

I had a possible exposure 4 months ago tested neg at 1o weeks ,now ive had brown spots on face that resemble age spots never had this before and now have about 10 of them that just appeared,iwas reading that brown spots could be a sign of hiv ,does this sound like the brown spots that there refering to ,thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: brown spots new
      #38035 - 08/10/02 03:17 PM

Where did you read that brown spots could be a sign of HIV. Are you sure it wasn't in connection with something about KS? You get spots then, and yes, it is one of the few OI's that can strike at any CD4 count. However 4 months is just too soon for something like that and too late for ARS.

Depending on your exposure a 10 week negative is probably enough for you to be able to move on. Are you having a problem believing the test because it was 2 weeks early? If that is the case, now that you are at 16 weeks, you are out of the window period and can trust your test results to be conclusive. Another thing that might help ease your mind.....results very rarely (if at all) change between 10 and 12 weeks. A sixteen week test should give you the CONCLUSIVE negative you are looking for.

J.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7195

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3