Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SCIENTIST.
Unregistered

The docs are just lying!.
      #37826 - 08/03/02 12:26 PM

ok,i know that certain people will jump on my case ok,but here goes.
1.there is no-way that the eliser test can detect all strains of hiv why?,because the virus is always mutating.
2.bdna or pcr viral load tests.well,you stand more chance of detecting your hiv with bdna,but dont forget this is a commercial "standardised test"and looks for strains already identified,some years ago!.
3.hiv is always mutating.its always changing.
4.the tests can never"keep pace"with the virus mutations,
the virus has to be identified and checked,could take at least 6months.by then,guess what its changed again!,
this is an ongoing battle,to constantly update "all"the assays!bdna dnapcr eliser etc.
5.the people here can not all be"nutcases"thats immpossible,
as they share symptoms.its obvious,new strains are here,AND
THEY ARE UNDECTECTABLE.
6.THE DOCS DONT WANT TO CAUSE HYSTERIA.GO FIGURE.
7.BEST CHANCE YOU HAVE is wait for one year then have every test you can,if still neg.....then pray that they update the assays with your particular viral strain.!
the truth,end.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
G-manBill
Unregistered

Re: The docs are just lying!. new
      #37827 - 08/03/02 12:53 PM

All doctors must lie or their licence is taken away from them. They are also given paid vactions and other "gifts" if they prescribe AIDS medications. They are only paid when they diagnose people.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37840 - 08/04/02 12:50 AM

So now what do we do?

uhohblita
Regular

Reged: 05/02/02
      #37850 - 08/04/02 11:02 PM

i dont neccessarily think the docs dont want to try and cause hysteria, its just that they think your are a nutjob and that becomes the diagnosis.

it may take 10 years b4 any of us get "real" symptoms.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37855 - 08/05/02 09:12 AM

The simplest explanation is usually the best. And the simplest explanation is that ever since this board began people have been coming here convinced they are HIV+ because they have certain symptoms. And, oh, none of them are. It doesn't mean you are a nutcase any more than it means you are HIV+.

Hysteria
hys·ter·i·a (h-str-, -stîr-)n.
1. Behavior exhibiting excessive or uncontrollable emotion, such as fear or panic.
2. A mental disorder characterized by emotional excitability and sometimes by amnesia or a physical deficit, such as paralysis, or a sensory deficit, without an organic cause.

Reading the definition, you're right, docs don't want to cause hysteria. I suggest it's more to do with the Hippocratic oath rather than some conspiracy of silence

Best chance YOU have is go with the real, lived experiences of countless people here who were convinced they were different and were eventually proved totally wrong. Or you can carry on coming up with your own theories which are based on a largely inadequate knowledge of HIV and the means of its diagnosis and testing

LOGIC.
Unregistered

WHERE R ALL OF THE UNDECTED AIDS PATIENTS TODAY??? new
      #37865 - 08/05/02 01:28 PM

it is true as the anonymous poster stated that people have been going through this psychosomatic ARS since the beginning of this board to only be proven negative. and not only since the beginning of this board but even before that. the internet just compounds the effects. i went through this back before everyone had PC's in their homes and at work with internet access. sitting in the library looking at pics of tongues and info on thrush, etc. that was TEN YEARS ago. THIS VIRUS HAS BEEN AROUND FOR WHAT, 20 YRS. NOW. WOULDN'T THERE BE MANY NEW CASES TODAY OF PEOPLE BEING DIAGNOSED OF AIDS THAT TOOK A HIV TEST 10+ YRS. AGO WITH A NEG RESULT IF THE VIRUS MUTATED QUICKLY AND SPORADICALLY????? AND THIS WOULD BE BEFORE ALL OF THE MODERN ADVANCES IN TESTING THAT WE HAVE TODAY. PEOPLE WEREN'T GIVEN ACCESS TO HAVING 20 bDNA TESTS A YEAR. SO WHERE ARE THE CASES????? I DON'T DISPUTE THERE ARE DIFFERENT STRAINS AND SUBTYPES AND NEW ONES WILL COME. BUT THEY ARE USUALLY DETECTED WITH TODAYS TESTS......ELISAS. SOME ARE JUST MORE SPECIFIC THAN OTHERS DEPENDING ON GEOGRAPHY AND EXPOSURE. I WOULD THINK THAT STUDIES ARE DONE FREQUENTLY ON PEOPLE TESTING POZ TO SEE WHAT STRAIN/SUBTYPE MIGHT BE PRESENT AS WELL AS WHAT NEW ONE MIGHT BE REVEALED. DO YOU GET MY POINT? I HOPE SO, IT IS CALLED LOGIC, WHICH IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF SCIENCE!!!!!!!!! KUDOS FOR THINKING "OUTSIDE OF THE BOX" BUT WHERE IS THE PROOF? NICE THEORY, IT IS WORTHY OF CONTEMPLATION, BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT SOMEONE THOUGHT OF IT LONG BEFORE YOU DID.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: WHERE R ALL OF THE UNDECTED AIDS PATIENTS TODAY??? new
      #37867 - 08/05/02 01:41 PM

EXACTLY MY FRIEND!

You are right in everything you say.

I was once there where SCIENTIST is now, thinking exactly the same thoughts. But a little of your LOGIC (difficult if not impossible to make use of when you're going through it all!) is all you need to put to rest your worst fears.

Yes, it's a mutating virus. But if it was working like the original poster claimed, then infections from undetected virus would be as big news as infections from DETECTED virus. AND IT'S NOT. Like you say, this isn't just something from the past few years. This is something which has been going on since the start of the epidemic. Well done for pointing out the influence of the internet too. So much good and so much not so good. But I still think this board is on the whole for the good especially with people like you here.

Thanks for putting it so well (i'm the anonymous below!)

notanonymous
Regular

Reged: 04/19/02
      #37870 - 08/05/02 01:54 PM

hey, thanks, i was in total agreeance with everything you said as well! it is all because of the phobia and stigma and the way it is transmitted obviously. but, like you, it is a ugly monster when your going through it. it makes it difficult to think logically. but every tidbit of common sense you hear makes a little difference. take care.

G-manBill
Unregistered

#37899 - 08/06/02 12:34 PM

All ars symptoms are psychosomatic and HIV is a lie! Its all bout MONEY!! I have made alot o money in AIDS myself wih my site. I know!

G-manBill
Unregistered

#37900 - 08/06/02 12:36 PM

The only thig that mutates are the brane cells of the AIDS victims. They are easy to manipulate trust me! HA HA !

JackieBlue
Unregistered

Re: My doc is sexy... new
      #37945 - 08/07/02 04:39 PM

I like him sooo much he is my best friend and I'm falling for him. I feel like such a victim.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2363

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3