Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Body is destroying board..
      #37629 - 07/29/02 09:08 PM

I have noticed that since the body posted their ad at the top there has been little activity here. I think that ad is turning people off this board. People see it and think its a commercial board. It is tacky!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Body is destroying board.. new
      #37631 - 07/29/02 11:10 PM

Maybe it is just you.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37638 - 07/30/02 09:33 AM

I don't like the ad either but I think people will still come because it's the best place for this sort of thing. I think it's just a quiet time which happens now and again such as before the worried 6 or 8 or 12 showed up, or the INFECTED/formerlyINFECTED saga last Christmas

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37639 - 07/30/02 10:30 AM

Excuse me The Body created this board and website which allows us to gain information from some of the best experts in the world. Let's be grateful instead of spiteful OK?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37641 - 07/30/02 12:04 PM

Yes but this is a public board not a place or commercial ads that the body makes money off. My sufering is not for others to make money off. They can make their money and they do from ad in their mag and site. I don't feel sorry or them.

Anonymous
Unregistered

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!! new
      #37642 - 07/30/02 12:41 PM

despite your suffering, the world still goes around, and money has to be made because bills have to be paid. does it make your suffering worse or demean you in some way because the hiv site is trying to sell hiv tests????? i feel for everyone going through the window period and am willing to help anyone i can, which is still possible despite the ad. so, do you want to talk about hiv, exposure, symptoms, testing, etc. or have a discussion about marketing and capitalism?

Anonymous
Unregistered

public board? new
      #37643 - 07/30/02 12:46 PM

yes, it is a public board provided to you by thebody.com without you having to pay one cent to the site, the experts on the forums, or any other users. so, tell me, how do they make $ otherwise that you referenced? how much do the profit and where does it go? what are their expenses to maintain the service that you are using for free? by-the-way, i wonder how old you are?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37647 - 07/30/02 01:58 PM

Can't you find anything more productive to spend you time getting upset about?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37652 - 07/30/02 03:27 PM

I agree there are sooo many people out there making money of my hiv status or someone becoming hiv means lots of money for POZ and the Body who make money from drug ads you would not believe. Whenm they pull a trick like this it makes you think about their motives. Putting together a web board is not expensive and zero maintenace really. Not disraspecting the body but this kind of sucks.

john31
Unregistered

Re: public board? new
      #37660 - 07/30/02 04:30 PM

This is a public space provided by the Body and the so-called experts provided by the body tell one side only. The side that profits from the pain and suffering of those who believe that hiv causes aids. I have never seen any other board advrertise in this manner before is the body making up its own rules? Making money from hiv test has made Gallo very rich now the body wants it peice of the action. SHAME! This is a public board.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2298

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3