Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Tim
Unregistered

Test Negative
      #3754 - 05/03/00 05:53 PM

I want to say that this site keep me together for the last week. I though I was HIV+; without any doubts. Listen to this I had the most dangerous kind of sex (ANAL reciever). I had every symptom, headaches, swollon glands, tired, rashes and poor circulation. They even occured on time and went away on time. Why did I have these symptoms, as soon as I started having headaches I went to the internet and found these symptoms. Everytime I read a symptom I had it. DON'T DO THIS!!! I've seen several people say that you should relax, I know how hard that is but it's true. I suggest get exercise and talk to GOD, that's what I did. I made some promises to him (tough one's). One thing is for sure I've learned my lesson. I'm settling down and starting a family. Thanks for reading, good luck to you all and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
scared senseless
Unregistered

Re: Test Negative new
      #3756 - 05/03/00 06:17 PM

thats awesome...how long from your exposure has it been....i too have made some promises to God that i plan on keeping if i test neg :)

scared

Worried 2000
Unregistered

#3762 - 05/03/00 10:25 PM

I think we have all--or at least we should have--tried to use this time for self-reflection and thinking about the things in life that are important. Life is so precious. Even if we have it, life goes on. It will just be different. But if we don't, then we should use this to change our lives and to make this world truly a better place than it would otherwise have been.

I keep all of you in my prayers. Please do the same.

Tim
Unregistered

#3769 - 05/04/00 11:02 AM

I used the PCR test that's effective just 28 days after infection. It has only been 5 weeks, but the lab said no more test are needed. I still plan to get tested again, but feeconfident I'm ok. I know the person I had sex with and now have other reasons for the symptoms I had.

Good luck and God Bless

Tim
Unregistered

#3771 - 05/04/00 11:30 AM

AMEN

DUDE
Unregistered

#3774 - 05/04/00 09:35 PM

Since we are on a spiritual note here:
The one thing I have learned through this arduous experience is; "to love everyone." And I mean everyone!
DUDE

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3781 - 05/05/00 02:27 AM

I the guy that posted my story on 4/21 "screwed up big time" Cograts on the neg test. I too have made some promises to God ... not sure he makes deals, but I'm living up to what I prayed about. Funny how we have turned to him in our time of need. I know I've talked to him more in the last few weeks than I have in years. Thats one of my promises. Others include no alcohol and smoking, also I plan to place greater signifcance on my family. What a bad time to quit smoking ... as if my nerves weren't shot already. This last month has wore me out to the point I get only 4 hours sleep a night, I'm always tired, yet I can't sit still. I start thinking about my situation, my heart feels like its going to jump out of my cheast. People around me know something is the matter, but can't talk to them about it. Basically I'm going through this by myself. Today is the first time I've been able to go on-line and read this stuff. Not sure if it does me more harm than good. Initially I got addicted to researching HIV on the web, but it started getting to me in a bad way. In my original post I said I had hot flashes. Well I also had 3 nights of sweats and one day with diareha all around day 14. That does have me concerned. From time to time I talk myself into having the other symptoms. I took a Home Access Kit at day 32. Don't know if that was a waste of money or not. I read where the average person seroconverts at day 26. Don't know if that means there will be enough antibodies to even be picked up by the test. Results should be ready in a couple of weeks. I plan to take the test at 3 and 6 months also... if I don't die from exhaustion and stress by then. You all are in my prayers ... keep me in yours. J

Worried 2000
Unregistered

#3784 - 05/05/00 10:12 AM

All I can say is that you have to try to keep things in perspective. HIV is tough to get. I think you are right that the average person seroconverts at 25 days, though I've seen other studies saying it's at 63 days. Even the CDC says most people are between 2-6 weeks, with >95% at 3 months. (Although other places say it's more like >99% at 3 months).

The truth is, no matter how much we worry within the window period, if we have it, we have it. And unless they catch you during ARS, you won't be any better off finding out at 7 weeks than at 3 months.

But most likely we don't have it, and we have to think that way.

I have started realizing how important people are in my life. And not just the important people, but everyone. I have gotten to the point where I have trouble being alone. I am going to have to see a psychiatrist at some point, but my insurance lapses from May 10 to August 17. Then, I am working one year in a city where I'll know nobody.

This is not good.

And to think it all goes back to one time of unprotected sex. So incredibly stupid.

Think positive thoughts.

Tim
Unregistered

#3790 - 05/05/00 01:07 PM

Yeah I know how tough it is to be faced with this. Hold in there! Congrats on the smoking...I used tobacco for 10 years and stopped several years ago. I can't believe I made it thru this without smoking. Believe me quitting was one of the best things I've ever done.

DUDE
Unregistered

#3798 - 05/05/00 07:04 PM

This message is to "worried well"
Hey, you gotta change your mind. Look, if you test negative, IT'S a BIG ASS blessing!!!!!!!! You should think, ....Geez, I gott an opportunity to keep my health. You should be singing everyday after your six month negative test. Geezz, you know how lucky you are! Don't squander this second chance, on "please help me, please help me." Make this second change like..."Yea, I'm gonna live live, and NOT do stupid things again lie have unprotected sex." Live man LIVE.
DUDE

Anonymous
Unregistered

#3832 - 05/09/00 08:50 AM

Tim,

You said that you know the person you had sex with and now have other reasons for your symptoms, I was wondering what those were, as I am currnetly freaking out and overly obsessed with HIV because of a low risk experience (recieveing oral sex). thanks

Tim
Unregistered

#3837 - 05/09/00 01:13 PM

It could be any number of things...but one type of Herpes is very similar to acute HIV symptoms. It can be a wide variety of viruses. Recieving oral sex is very low risk, but if your really worried get tested.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3708

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3