Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
confused
Unregistered

Results are back
      #37510 - 07/25/02 02:33 PM

There NEG,and I believe them.Well this time im moving on ,I still don't think my symptoms are due to stress but who knows maybe they are,Im going to get tested for mono ,But im finished worrying about hiv and hepatitis.I will stay on this board to help other worry wells cause i can relate to you and understand what your all going through.I will post all my symptoms and exposure and more later so you can all read my experiance and it may help you to get through this.Okay Gman,Jackie,Jamie,BottomLine,worried2002,you were all right and i should have listen to you (there i said it)I just want to thank you all one more time as if it wasn't for you i don't know how i would have got through this,You all are great people,and Jackie i know ya got pissed at me from time to time,but i was trying my best to get this hiv thinking out of my head but just couldn't do it.also thanks to the anonamous who helped me also.uhohblita and notanonomous,You have the same symptoms as i do and we might have somthing,maybe mono but its not Hiv.Again i consider you all my friends and im glad this nightmare is over,For those of you who don't believe Gman and Jackie take it from me they know what there talking about,Test till your out of the window period then MOVE ON.all the best to all of you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Results are back new
      #37514 - 07/25/02 03:09 PM

I GIVE YOU A WEEK -AT MOST- BEFORE YOU START DOUBTING IT AGAIN!!!

ENJOY IT ---WHILE YOU CAN

confused
Unregistered

#37521 - 07/25/02 03:54 PM

Thanks ,I won't go back ,like i said i don't thimk its stress,but i Know its not HIV.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37522 - 07/25/02 04:02 PM

Congrads on your negative test. I know this has been a very long journey for you but looks like it's finaly over. Wishing you the best of luck!

After all that you have learned and gone through I think it's great that you are staying on the board to help others in need.

notanonymous
Grand Master

Reged: 04/19/02
to confused and other worried wells and whoever new
      #37525 - 07/25/02 04:30 PM

Good for you confused. I am very happy to hear your results and your good attitude about moving on. As the other poster implied, Iím sure HIV might weasel itís way back into your mind a bit and you will start second-guessing and having some ďwhat ifĒ thoughts again, but not like they were before and you can beat them back down. We have convinced ourselves we are positive for so long that it is hard to change overnight, but you have come a long way----donít look back----for me, for uhoh, for une_fille, for jackie and gman-because we drive them nuts you know (WWdmn), and especially for your kid(s) and your wife. When any of us nutcases start doubting, it makes us all doubt, because we are all basically in the same boat. I donít think I have mono myself, maybe you do, but probably not, and if so, well, itís only mono. I have had many symptoms, yes, before I thought of HIV, (classic symptoms of WW according to jackie, lol) and my wife has had weird symptoms too and I continue to be afflicted with some of them. And they definitely are not classic symptoms of stress and I didnít have them before. BUT, I think all of this makes us so hyper-aware of what is going on with our bodies day-to-day, that we blow them out of proportion and make them worse, when a year ago we would have never noticed them or simply blown them off due to thinking about the family, the bills, the traffic, work, etc. Could any of us have gotten something? I think it is remotely possible, there are hundreds and hundreds of viruses and bacterium out there that are so rare that they are not well-known to the general public and there is much info out there on them. Believe me, I have spent hours on medline and emedicine and other sites and have stumbled across many. The good thing is that most are never diagnosed or recognized because they do little to no harm except to persons with weak immune systems, blah blah, etc. etc. But, I think most of us can just chalk it up to stress. Best of luck to you and anytime you second-guess, follow that up with telling yourself you are negative. You have told yourself you are POZ so long, you convinced your mind, now you/we just have to keep telling ourselves the opposite. Convince your mind and your body will follow, well I guess you already know that huh?

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: to confused and other worried wells and whoever new
      #37533 - 07/25/02 09:20 PM

Congrads & Thanx....

Both of you Confused and NotAnon.
The test results are only the beginning of the healing proscess, keep learning all you can about this disease and make good on your studies by helping out here and in your community. The HIV/AIDS services are almost all non profit. Any and all help they can get is a godsend to them, even just volunteering 1 or 2 hours a month is more than they can ask for, and being there for there fundraisers as a volunteer to hand out drinks for the walks or helping out with typing once a week is a awsome experiance.

Thank you again and do the right thing.Remember the 3 R's.
Respect for yourself.
Respect for others.
Responsibility for your actions.

The G-Man

T.i.a.d.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: to confused and other worried wells and whoever new
      #37537 - 07/25/02 09:56 PM

Gman you rock!!!!

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
      #37542 - 07/25/02 11:21 PM

congrats confused. hope you can take your big sigh of relief now for a while.
glad you will be staying around for a bit..
if you do get tested for mono, i think there are a couple of types of tests (here we go again, LOL). anyhow mine showed up on the Ig - type but not the one-liner yes-or-no test.
good luck.

-uhoh

Jamie
Unregistered

Advice to a friend new
      #37547 - 07/26/02 09:02 AM

We all knew what the result were, glad you could admitt that we were right. Hey quit worrying about what it might be, just get well. Mono takes a while to get over, so it just might have been that. My advice to you is to get your body in shape, work out. I started doing it afer I knew I was OK and I feel really good. If your body won't listen to you make it. Then when you wake up with pain you know why. I hope you stay positive, now you can share your concerns with your wife becuase you could have gotten it anywhere!! Best of luck!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2346

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3