Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous One
Unregistered

Read this re: Understanding Your Lab
      #37390 - 07/23/02 06:03 PM

Suggested reading of the post titled: "Elisa/Western vs VL / CD4" posted in Understanding Your Labs" on July 14. Another example that points out the inaccuracy of the EIA / Antibody Test. Say what you will, but I DO NOT BELIEVE THE ACCURACY OF THE ANTIBODY TEST, EVEN AFTER THE WINDOW PERIOD. I had tested via Home Access and negative at six months. Without explaining everything including multiple classic symptoms during ARS...I still have swollen nodes. EVERY other possible cause has been MEDICALLY ruled out. And for those of you pea brains out there, do you actually believe I have been feeling these areas now for over one year CAUSING (as someone recently suggested) these golf ball size lumps? Someone also stated...if the tests were not accurate "they" would be all over this. Do you actually believe "they" would publicize this? If "they" really wanted to find out your status, don't you think that you would receive the same testing as the blood banks? And one more point, I am not a WW as I had the symptoms first, then came the after thought and testing. Some of you people better wake up!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous One
Unregistered

Date Correction Re: Understanding Your Labs new
      #37391 - 07/23/02 06:09 PM

Sorry about that folks, posted the incorrect date. It should have read...posted on the 19th.

ccchicago
Unregistered

Date Correction Re: Understanding Your Labs new
      #37392 - 07/23/02 06:25 PM

why don't you come back when you have medical evidence of being hiv positive?

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Not a Worried Well? new
      #37396 - 07/23/02 07:51 PM

Golf ball size nodes? The procedure is to remove a node that size. What did the biopsy show after they were removed? OR Is the size of your nodes an exaggeration and your doctor has told you not to worry about it?

"EVERY other possible cause has been MEDICALLY ruled out" Since any virus or bacteria will cause your nodes to swell, I can't believe you paid for, or your insurance company paid for every test in the book in order to rule out every other possible cause. For instance, did you get tested for Cat Scratch Fever? Turned out that's what caused the golf ball size node they removed from my husband. You had a negative test, HIV was ruled out also. Why pick out the HIV test as the one not to believe the results? Why not worry about the biospy (that would have been done on such large nodes). Maybe it was wrong and Cancer is running rampant in your body right now! Spreading through your organs, making it too late for treatment because the tests were wrong.

"And one more point, I am not a WW as I had the symptoms first, then came the after thought and testing"

Without explaining everything including multiple classic symptoms during ARS

There are no classic symptoms that pertain to HIV exclusively , however you certainly sound like a classic Worried Well.

Every WW swears they are different and not a WW. Every WW say they had the symptoms first and then thought about HIV. Every WW doesn't believe their test results. Every WW is sure they know it's HIV, because they know their own body. Every WW says it must be HIV, everything has been ruled out. Every WW "yells & screams" about 'pea brains' not knowing anything (this includes all the medical personnel they have been irritating that continue to tell them nothing is wrong with them).

I hope one day you get can let HIV go. Your HIV negative. In the meantime, why not spend more time with an open mind and look at other causes your doctor might not have tested for.

Anonymous One
Unregistered

Re: To Jackie, Not a Worried Well? new
      #37399 - 07/23/02 09:47 PM

Jackie,
Thank you for your reply! By medically ruling out everything, I had meant something terminal such as cancer, etc. My GP is HIV ignorant and did not even know what Home Access is. He did think possibly HIV, was willing to test for HIV, but ruled it out due to my testing. I asked for a biopsy which he did not do. I have next to no insurance and not much is covered. He looked at my nodes and brushed them off as fat tissue and I am not a fat person. In addition, fat tissue does not go up and down in size on a daily basis. I asked the GP, how does fat tissue just suddenly appear?. This was since the possible exposure, within 6 weeks. I can't believe he had the B**** to ask me, how do I know they were not there before?. Since that time I have developed more node swelling in various areas. Jackie, I beg your parden and while not specific, malaise, white tongue, swollen nodes, etc. are some of the symptoms. Why can't you and others just accept the fact: these tests are not 100% accurate? I would also like to point out that if it would be something else it certainly would be a coincidence given the timing of symptoms and the HIGH RISK exposure. I do not intent to sound negative as I appreciate all you have and are doing on this board. I just find it hard to believe the neg. with all the other things that have happened within that time frame, medically cannot find anything else, and yet these nodes...and as you know, swollen nodes is not a WW symptom. Thank you for your time and best of luck to you...best of health!

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
Re: Read this re: Understanding Your Lab new
      #37400 - 07/23/02 10:15 PM

Anonymous one,
I would have to admit that I have many doubts myself. I never knew there was so much ambiguity with HIV testing before I got involved in this whole thing.

I see Mr Holidiny finally sticks his foot in his mouth. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

My ALT/AST is elevated :(

-uhoh

Anonymous
Unregistered

Jackie, this is a great post! new
      #37401 - 07/23/02 10:39 PM

Seriously! I am (hopefully) a WW also, with one negative ELISA and not believing it, and this is ruining my life right now and destroying all that I've been trying to achieve for so long. Thanks for bringing in a bit of reality. I really wish you all the best!

Jackie_Blue
Legend

#37404 - 07/24/02 12:55 AM

Are you drinking more lately?

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
      #37405 - 07/24/02 01:18 AM

nah, i havent for about 8 months now.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

#37408 - 07/24/02 01:57 AM

Well the good news is that you can rule out drinking as the cause of your elevated Liver enzymes.

What about medication? Some of them can elevate levels. I'm sure there are lots of things that cause this.

Anonymous
Unregistered

You are a dumbass new
      #37412 - 07/24/02 10:30 AM

Why not just get on meds since you say testing in not accurate. Only a idiot would try to make people believe they have HIV. You are a fruitloop, you need prfessional help.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37413 - 07/24/02 10:33 AM

You are a confirmed worry well. You think HIV is causing your elevated liver enzymes? Not likely! You tested negative, maybe you have hepatitis. Are you a needle user? You sure sound like you are on drugs to me!

WW hater
Unregistered

another dumbass new
      #37414 - 07/24/02 10:39 AM

You are so fing stupid. The test are 99.9% accurate. Why not get on meds and shut the f up since you are so convinced that you have HIV. Jesus, get on with your life. Maybe you should go to the CDC with your great knowledge and they can name a test after you. Dumbass that does not have HIV and can not accept it!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37415 - 07/24/02 10:47 AM

Lots of explanations can be given for that post. One, do you really trust the comments from a FRIEND of the infected? How many times have friends etc. misinterperted information? The window periods are derived from documented cases not heresay. If medicine depended on what people had to tell them for evidence in policy making we would be screwed. The window period of 3 months was realized way back in 1989. This was from documented cases not guesses. Why not take advise from people who are infected and know when the contact occured. Most if not all tested + whithin 3 months and certainly by 5 to 6 months. Even Dr. Bob verified on one of his recent posts that he tested + whithin a few weeks after infection via Elisa. He certainly knows when infection occured and since it was in the early 1990's the Elisa tyest was most likely the 1st or 2nd Generation.

john31
Unregistered

Re: Not a Worried Well? new
      #37421 - 07/24/02 11:38 AM

What is a Worried Well that makes no sense it is oxymoronic language that is dumb.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4776

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3