Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was raped..will i get aids
      #37051 - 07/13/02 12:25 AM

I was raped 2 times about 10 years ago, now with three childern i live in fear every day that i will show up with aids. What would my chances be?? This scares me and i can not live like this anymore. I have a husband that has supported me but it is hard to talk to him or anyone about this. Please help me before i loose my mind with worry!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: i was raped..will i get aids new
      #37055 - 07/13/02 11:54 AM

Hi there,

What a terrible, terrible thing to go threw! I'm so sorry that has happened. It must be so horrible to live in such fear. Being that the rape has happened 10 years ago, and if you did contract HIV I think by now you would have had a few health complications that your doctors would have been able to detect. But instead of guessing and worrying yourself about it, take an HIV test. Depending on where you have it taken you will have the results within a week.

You can also order a private and confidential from HOMEACCESS.COM their tests are accurate and you will have results within 2-3 days. Their tests are pretty much the same test that are used in doctors offices. Good luck and keep us informed.

A FRIEND 1
Unregistered

#37058 - 07/13/02 12:48 PM

I just read your note and I wanted to ask when you had your children. Because now a days they test for hiv when you have your children. If your children are healthy you shouldnt have a problem. It is true that some children dont contract hiv even when their parents are positive but thats only because their doctor gave them something that would prevent their child from contracting hiv. I really dont think you have a problem. Just because you were raped dosent mean that every man in the world has hiv or aids. Get checked sweetie you might just be worring for nothing

TerryD
Unregistered

Re: not unless your a drug user new
      #37065 - 07/13/02 06:14 PM

Drugs cause aids not hiv! In Africa its poverty, malnutrition and aids drugs that kill.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#37103 - 07/15/02 02:54 PM

Hi. I want to thank all that have responded back to me about the qustions i had. My childern are ages 10, 9, & 6 and yes they are all very healthy. I have been tested many times and they all came back negative. Thank-god! So maybe i am worried about nothing? I know not every guy has hiv but when you get raped and you don't know who it was, you get scared of getting something.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1941

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3