Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

eye pain
      #36991 - 07/10/02 08:16 PM

Hello people, I have a questions, i have been mild eye pain/pressure for a few weeks now. I dont think its sinuses but i dont know. its kinda behind the eye. No vision problems or anything like that. I remember reading somewhere that this might be a symptom of HIV. are they talking about CMV?or is this another symptom in itself of HIV? im worried and need help on this. what is causing this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: eye pain new
      #36995 - 07/10/02 09:10 PM

According to many internet sites anything and everything can be HIV related. I had a pain on the right side of my stomach, searched the internet and was linked to HIV related sites. Went to see my doctor and it turns out its stones.

If you had an exposure (unprotected sex) get tested. Trying to guess what may be causing you pain in your eye is not the best option. See your doctor and let him diagnose it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

great..... new
      #37020 - 07/12/02 01:12 AM

great, ive had pain in my right amdonmen for a couple months. GOt it checked and no gallstones. By doctor cldnt tell me what it was. first the eye pain and now this. now im more worried than ever. Gosh, is everthing related to HIV or what???!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: great..... new
      #37026 - 07/12/02 05:25 AM

Yes because HIV can affect just about everything but then again fear of HIV can also cause just about every symptom going

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: great..... new
      #37034 - 07/12/02 10:30 AM

I didn't mean for it to sound that everything is HIV related because it isn't. HIV attacks your immune system not your organs unless you are in the later stages.

I first had the pain on my right side in December and when I went to see the doctor she wouldn't give me the time of day because she said I was too young to have anything. (I'm 22) The nagging pain has been around since december and it got so bad that a few weeks ago I had to go to the emergency room and that's when I found out I had stones and an inflammed pancreous. NOT HIV.

So, unless your exposure was unprotected vaginal/anal sex with a person in a high risk catergory I don't think you have anything to worry about

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3420

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3