Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
joel gallant believes in other viruses!!!
      #36906 - 07/09/02 01:15 AM

a very good question posted at Hopkins. I would just like to post this for those out there that think its ridiculous that there is some other HIV-like virus out there that may cause bad symptoms. joel even says so! now do you believe it?!

-----------------------------------------------------

Q:

Dear Dr: I don't believe that this matter has been addressed yet. I've searched the excellent question/answer base thoroughly and I note that there are seeming legions of patients who attest to acute and/or chronic skin or oral mucosa lesions, fever, acute and/or chronic pharyngitis, and enlarged lymph nodes particularly that occur secondary to possible HIV exposure. Furthermore, many of these cases appear to involve patients testing HIV-negative after 3 and 6 months. Can you comment on what you think may be going on in these cases? Presumably CBCs, other blood work and physical exams are ruling out most bacterial and hepatitis infections.

Anxiety may well explain some-to-many of the skin or even oral mucosa problems, however I don't think there are many cases of anxiety-induced fever, pharyngitis, or lymph node enlargement. Moreover, in your opinion, do you note that other viruses (e.g., adeno, coxsackie, pox, emergent newer viruses, etc.) are on the rise which might serve to explain these symptoms in so many HIV-negative patients? Thank you kindly.

A:

If your question is "are there things we don't know?" The answer is of course, yes.

A variety of virues and other agents may be involved in ill-defined syndromes. HIV caught our attention because it was killing people.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: joel gallant believes in other viruses!!! new
      #36908 - 07/09/02 01:23 AM

he didnt say HIV LIKE viruses. he simply said other ill defined viruses out there. calm down.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#36909 - 07/09/02 05:58 AM

He says some people's symptoms "may" be explained by other viruses. Other than that he's saying medicine doesn't know everything. Hardly ground breaking news is it!

Jamie
Unregistered

#36910 - 07/09/02 08:04 AM

Ok here goes, you have a virus. It's not going to kill you, your body will fight it off and one day you will be normal again. It that what you wanted to hear?

MindVirus
Unregistered

#36927 - 07/09/02 03:37 PM

You know that a virus is only an idea (anti-program). That idea is a though that you think over and over until it becomes your reality and is a program running on your system in the background. Hiv is an idea that you download onto your hardrive and then it inefects your mind and the mind of others you contact. Need an anti-virus program? R U infected with the HIV virus?

manturd
Unregistered

#36930 - 07/09/02 03:46 PM

take the mindvirus test Terry
you got balls dont you ?

Anon#9
Unregistered

#36933 - 07/09/02 04:08 PM

Geez calm down. He said NOTHING new!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#36936 - 07/09/02 04:48 PM

man your parinoid!

Pozzy
Unregistered

Re: Hey mindvirus new
      #36938 - 07/09/02 05:11 PM

Hey mindvirus yur kewl!!

TerryD
Unregistered

Re: Hey mindvirus new
      #36952 - 07/09/02 11:17 PM

ya mindvirus is strange but I agree with some of the points he/she makes. One can make the case that almost 99% of hiv symptoms are in the mind and not related to aids at all.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3177

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3