Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
JeffW
Unregistered

Swollen Gland
      #36886 - 07/08/02 01:49 PM

Hi All, I had a low risk encounter (giving oral to an guy of unknown status/no ejaculation) at the end of May. I couldn't stand waiting so I was tested 3 weeks later - negative. The only symptom I've experienced is a swollen gland in my neck that occurred spontaneously one week after the incident. I took a round of antibiotics and the swollen gland was gone after a week.

I know it's crazy to jump to the conclusion that I am +ive because I experienced this swollen gland but I can't help myself.

When ARS occurs, do the symptoms typically occur in multiples? Is 1 week after an incident early? It appears as though the antibiotics killed the infection but then I think...maybe the ARS ran its course and that's why the swelling went away.

I know this will seem like crybaby stuff to most of you but I'm terrified here.

Knowing there are others out there feeling the way I do helps me get through each day.

My Dr. wants to test me again at 6 wks and then at 3 mos. I think the 6 wk test will reveal my status since most people convert within a month. This is going to be a rough week!!

Your thoughts?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Swollen Gland new
      #36892 - 07/08/02 03:21 PM

you would have swollen glands in more than 1 place...if you were infected and this was a symptom.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1307

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3