Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Worried_in_Pa
Unregistered

Strange stuff in my mouth
      #36872 - 07/07/02 10:15 PM

Just a little worried, I am a gay man who has has some encounters recently with several different men. It should be noted that I have gotten but not given oral sex from all these men. I have also had anal sex(given) with a condom several times with some but not all these men, I also like to kiss and french kiss a lot with other men. I have recently noticed that my tongue appears to be whitish on top of it, and along the sides, there is this white film, it will not come off when I brush it. I have also got what feels like a gritty white film on the inside gums on the bottom of my mouth(it goes away when I brush, but comes back in a few hours), and have has several blisters or sores on my tongue and inside my mouth recently. Tonsils also appear to have this white gritty film on them, and they seem to be swollen. Additionally, I have had some night sweats recently, and some very loose bowel movements. Also, some red itchy things on my skin, forehead and arms mostly, that raise up like mosquito bites and go away in a few minutes. Also, I have had some swollen nodes in my groin, and armpits, but they are not very painful, just seem to be slightly swollen.
I know I didn't put myself at high risk, or did I. And, are these symptoms consistent with recent hiv infection? I don't remember any type of sore throat, or bad fever. Any way to be sure it is not hiv without waiting for 3 months for an elisa test, or is that the best thing to do.
Thanks to all for responding, and this site is great, please let me know what to do to stop worrying, I don't want to make myself sick.
Thanks all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Strange stuff in my mouth new
      #36881 - 07/08/02 10:09 AM

Hello
How long has it been since your last exposure. You don't have to wait 3 mos to get a good idea of whats happening. You could get a PCR DNA or get an ellissa but make sure its a 3-4 generation. Most labs have their standard tests which might be earlier versions of the EIA but they also have 3-4 generation tests if you ask, sometimes even HIV1&2 combo.
Also to see what is going on get to a dentist or oral patholigist and see if you have THRUSH or OHL
Hurry because what will happen is you will be overcome by stress and your symptoms will surely get worse. Ive seen it to many times.
If you do not have thrush or OHL that will be a very good sign.
Coated tongue or Geo tongue could be the problem and they could be from the stress you are dealing with.
Also see a doctor about your other symptoms, there have been many poeople here who thought thier nodes were swollen but turned out not to be.
Don,t diagnose yourself, is there a reason you havn't been to a doctor.
Good Luck

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2602

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3