Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Jamie
Unregistered

To Confused, uhoh, and others
      #36644 - 07/03/02 10:53 AM

Have you come across any doctor that has wanted to put you on an antidepressant? I believe that you all (including me) are suffering from hypochondria. I found one woman that had EXACT symptoms that you are having and was diagnosed with hypochondria. Pains running up and down arms and legs, abdominal pains, excessive thoughts of having a disease, ect. Truely consider this and look it up yourself.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
good call new
      #36652 - 07/03/02 11:42 AM

Good call,
There has to be some sort of explanation for people testing past the window period and still insisting they are HIV+.

Thank you for the research.

The G-Man

T.i.a.d./WWdmn

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
Re: To Confused, uhoh, and others new
      #36661 - 07/03/02 01:34 PM

hmmm lets see:

ativan
xanax
paxil
valium
effexor
doxepin
luvox

does that answer your question? if that was it, i would be on cloud 9 by now....

Jamie
Unregistered

#36667 - 07/03/02 02:14 PM

If you are on all of that, no wonder you feel bad. I still am sticking to my theory. Let me know when you find a doctor that tell you something is wrong with you. I think you will seach until you find that doctor. Believe me, I come from a long line of hypochondriacs. It can hit at any time. You know that they are a lot more meds out there than just what you listed. Xanax, valium, and ativan are only for temporary use. Effexor is not a great one. Have you ever tried Neurontin? That stuff is great for nerve pain, mood disorders and anxiety. Are you seeing a shrink? What kind of doctors have you seen and what test have they done? By the way, how long did you take these meds, it takes up to 6 weeks for an anti-depressant to work.

confused
Unregistered

Re: good call new
      #36675 - 07/03/02 03:23 PM

Thanks to you both for all the help youve' givin me.Im not convinced i have hiv,I just think i picked up somthing ,maybe hep c what ive heard it can take up to a year to show pos,i know its not common with sex but posible also maybe ebv,cmv i don't know but im see to more docs in 2 weeks and i;ll let you know what they say,Im sure there going to boipsy my salivary gland as its been swollen for months and confirmed by 2 docs and a dentist so thats not in my head.Anyhow thanks again for the help you gave me and im hoping you are right.

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
      #36695 - 07/03/02 06:16 PM

i am not on all of that at the same time, i have just tried each one of them. everytime i went to the doc they gave me a different one to try in hopes that it would help. but they only gave me minimal relief at best. this would be b/c, that stress is only a reaction not a cause.

the last doc i went to said that no one should have the elevated liver enzymes that i have, especially at my young age. this after being told by my primary that he "has lots of patients" with elevated values. yeah well they are probably a lot older than me.

i REALLY hated effexor and especially paxil. i could barely function at all, and i tried both of them for 4+ weeks so they would have kicked in by then. not too mention the withdrawal was horrible. going on those almost created more side effects and more wonder. BUT Luvox has worked the best for me so far, although now there is a question as to whether or not that has effected my liver. SO its all a cluster.

I have seen a shrink, he didnt help much besides being able to prescribe me the Luvox. My therapist has probably helped the most, in listening and helping me focus on other things. I have seen every doctor imaginable.

-uhoh

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1550

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3