Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
geop

Reged: 06/16/02
All normal
      #36593 - 07/02/02 12:23 PM

Hello

If you recall I WAS one of the 12 or so Worried Wells w/ ungoing symptoms after neg testing. Well, here is my story:
Neg Elisa 8 weeks, but ungoing symptoms of fatigue, malaise, dry skin, rashes and full ear. Neg Elisa at 14 weeks symptoms continue, Muscle aches, fatigue, numbing hands, dry skin, itching, and those rashes that come and go. Neg Elisa at 5 1/2 months all normal CBC, Vitamin B-12, Sed rate of 1 etc. etc. All normal. Done every test imaginable all normal. Doc even told me that even though the Sed Rate or ESR test which is non-specific it would certainly be above 1 if I was infected w/ HIV. Told me to stop testing that symptoms are most likely related to a histamine release brought on by severe stress and anxiety. By the way this is a nuerologist that I have been seeing because of the numbing. She also added that the hand and feet numbing if HIV would be constant not coming and going.
CONCLUSION: Stop Testing, chill and see waht happens, if symptoms continue go to allergist.

I hope that to all of the nervous people out there this helps a bit. I am going to TRY to get this HIV thing out of my mind seeing that it has destroyed at least 1/2 year of my life. GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND GOD BLESS

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
KALKIN!
Unregistered

Re: All normal new
      #36597 - 07/02/02 12:56 PM

Good luck! ;-)

confused
Unregistered

#36601 - 07/02/02 01:10 PM

Thanks for the post its reasuring,I to have an appointment with a neuroligist and ear nose and throat specalist in 3 weeks,Ive had the same symptoms,just wondering if you have swollen nodes and pain in right side like me and uhohblita?Glad your feeling better,take care

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
      #36602 - 07/02/02 01:10 PM

thanks for the info geop. i'm not so sure about the sed rate thing... but whatever. interesting though about the constant numbing factor. probably a good point. have your symptoms gone away now that you are calming down?

-uhoh

geop

Reged: 06/16/02
      #36604 - 07/02/02 01:17 PM

I do in fact have a pain on right side (middle back) and have had it for 3 years. As far as swollen nodes, I can feel them on my neck, but all Dr's I've been to told they are normal. The symptoms that I still have consist of the numbing mostly hands, almost always at night while in bed and occational fatigue and rashes that come and go. The muscle aches, dry skin and itching are long gone. Also I never had the sore throat or fevers. I hope this helps

Jamie
Unregistered

#36606 - 07/02/02 01:31 PM

Uhoh, I don't think you would believe any doctor when it comes to you symptoms. I really don't think a professional would tell him that just for the hell of it. Allergies can cause all kinds of wierd things. When are you going to believe that you are alright (other than uptight) and move on with your life? Instead of trying to make doctors believe that there is something worng with you, spend that energy into telling yourself that you are fine.

uhohblita
Guru

#36610 - 07/02/02 03:36 PM

the reason a professional would tell him that is because:
a) he doesnt know what else to say
b) he doesnt want to admit he doesnt know
c) he feels he needs to provide some answer
d) he's got to move on to the next patient in 5 mins
e) there is no prescription drug for your problem
f) he cant see past your personality
g) his buddies are waiting on his 3pm tee time

i've stopped reading the ridiculousness of the ryan kulls and hopkins aids center and the like, but i remember someone saying that ESR has NOTHING to do with HIV. so somebody is a little off.

jamie you are right i spend WAY too much time trying in vain to convince doctors (and others) that something is going on. the fact is though that there are a lot of terrible doctors out there, whether it be because of their knowledge or bedside manner, or both. i think i had the unfortunate opportunity to meet many of them. i never used to go to doctors so i didnt realize that this type of stuff was going on. my bad.

-uhoh

TerryD
Unregistered

#36612 - 07/02/02 04:24 PM

Is use to be that really serious symptoms like PCP or KS was a sign to worry now tingling in hands and dry skin? The AIDS Cult has really got some people going. Relax AIDS is over and what we have now is just an industry desperate to scare people into thinking they have or might get AIDS.

Jamie
Unregistered

#36614 - 07/02/02 04:28 PM

Yes you are right, ESR has nothig to do with HIV. That is because you and confused and everyone here DOES NOT have it. Other than the ones like Jakie Blue. You have tested negative past 6 months. YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV. Actually Rayan Kull and people on the Hopkins web site are not idiots, they deal with hypochondriacs everyday and I'm sure they know one when they see one. So what if you have tingling in your arms and legs, abdominal pains, itching, whatever, the fact is that you are alive. Start acting like it!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#36617 - 07/02/02 05:19 PM

Yeah, I agree. Let's face it if someone has a ESR of 1 and neg test after 5 months, what are the odds they will turn out Pos? Zilch!! ESR does not specifically point to HIV but it would most certainly be more than 1 if infected.

uhohblita
Guru

#36622 - 07/02/02 08:16 PM

i could be wrong since i admit i have been a complete basket case at times, but i dont think i have ever come out and said "i think i have HIV". all i know is i have some weird sh.t going on, that may have some similarities. if it didnt then i would be on some other board and not here.

believe it or not, participating in this board helps me think clearly and "live". its comforting to see im not the only one going through unexplained things.

i'm just trying to figure out what is going on, why i am having these things, some of which may be stress, most of which are definately not.

cut me some slack jamie. i think im doing pretty good.

-uhoh

PS I would like to see where ESR would be raised with HIV in literature. If that was the case, there would be more written about how it relates. I BELIEVE ESR raises with inflammation or certain infections, which someone who may have HIV but completely healthy would have a normal ESR, since their immune system is capably handling things. Somebody prove me wrong.

confused
Unregistered

#36623 - 07/02/02 09:41 PM

uhoh,i couldn't have said it better,When i first came here i thought for sure it was hiv,now i don't know what it is but like you say ,I to am just trying to figure out what the f..k is going on.As i said before i got some of these symptoms before i had the stress.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
AIDS is over? new
      #36626 - 07/02/02 10:26 PM

AIDS is over?
Is that why there are over 3,000 known deaths daily?
Is that why there are still new infections being reported daily?
Is the reason you think it is a cult because you do not want to see the suffering and pain?
Or are you just someone who is here to cause contoversy and stress for those that actually have this disease and live with it every day?
Terry do us a favor and register your name with a profile and a e-mail address where the people who care about your opinnions can e-mail you directly. This forum is for people who have questions about the posability of being infected, not for denialists that have an opinion.

The G-Man

T.i.a.d.

TerryD
Unregistered

Re: AIDS is over! new
      #36627 - 07/02/02 11:23 PM

I see more suffering here over symptoms that have no connection to AIDS what so ever. The definition of AIDS has grown so large that it will make anyone scared and parinoid when really life threatnening infections are now very rare. As or you stats they are accumulative not actual increase numbers this is how AIDS inc. creates the scare needed to get people on those profitable drugs and taking the unstandised test. Your the real "Denialists" cause there is a controversy about hiv thats not going away!!!

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: AIDS is over? new
      #36634 - 07/03/02 08:21 AM

Last year there were 4.2 million new cases reported worldwide. 2 million of those were women. Doesn't sound like it's over does it Gman?

T.i.a.d./WWdmn

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4611

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3