Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
MixedUp
Unregistered

Mixed results..
      #36421 - 06/27/02 01:36 AM

I was told I was hiv positive then later (4 months) I found out they mixed up the test results. Can I sue or something? does this happen often?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cat
Unregistered

Re: Mixed results.. new
      #36426 - 06/27/02 09:08 AM

I think that you can sue if you can prove that you have suffered from both physical or mental harm due to their mishandling of your result. Have you been given hiv drug treatment after your misdiagnoised 4 months ago? I suggest that you find a lawyer who is familiar with liability law of medical personel to talk about your case.
No, I don't think this happen often AT ALL.....

Susan
Unregistered

#36427 - 06/27/02 09:10 AM

I am sorry to hear that they mixed up the results. I can't imagine how you feel. But I know I would be extremely upset. Did they start treatment on you? I would think with something that serious you could do something legally, especially if you began treatment that you did not require. I'd contact an attorney just to see what could be done.

Anonymous Idiot
Unregistered

#36430 - 06/27/02 09:28 AM

I am sure you must be very mixed up over these results. Have you taken another test to confirm that you are negative?

I think there are several things you should consider.

1) Yes, you had 4 months of misery, however you could have had years of it had you been positive. You have been given a new lease of life and should look on the bright side.

2) You may be able to sue but medicine is not an exact science. Is it worth the worry and stress to try and take on the establishment because they made a mistake or should you just put it behind you and enjoy life, make up for lost time?

3) Celebrate.... then go out and celebrate again...

Congratulations on your actual results. I hope the last 4 months were not too awful, and I sincerely hope you hadn't started medication, even though that probably wouldn't have been the end of the world either.

Regards,

AI.

John31
Unregistered

#36449 - 06/27/02 07:24 PM

This happened to Christine Maggiore and she started ALive and Well as a result. She got different results depending on where she tested. Most people who test positive never get retested so they are not aware of the flaws in the hiv test. The hiv test is does not even test for hiv.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1385

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3