Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Confused
Unregistered

Dentist
      #36206 - 06/21/02 08:44 PM

Well just came back from the dentist,thought i'd see what they'd say about my swollen salivary gland.He doesn't think its stones,they did an exray no stones showed.He recomends i get another hiv test seeing i have these symptoms,I guess my dentist is a worry well to.He said normaly he wouldn't advise another hiv test ,but doesn't like the look of my gland and said its DEFINETLY not cause of stress.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Dentist new
      #36207 - 06/21/02 09:00 PM

what was your exposure?

Confused
Unregistered

#36208 - 06/21/02 09:53 PM

Vaginal and oral sex

Anonymous
Unregistered

#36209 - 06/21/02 09:59 PM

This must be so frustrating for you!!! I can understand what you are going through because i'm still in the window period. But you tested neg at 23 weeks so that should give you some peace of mind.

Confused
Unregistered

#36210 - 06/21/02 10:11 PM

Ya it sure is,i tested neg at 25 weeks,i want to believe these tests but its not easy with all these symptoms,i felt great before my posible exposure also the woman i was with her ex boyfriend died don't know what of but i know he was an iv drug user and when i asked her if she had anything she said no but didn't look me in the eye which makes me wonder,what month are you at?

uhohblita
Guru

Reged: 05/02/02
      #36213 - 06/21/02 11:33 PM

Funny thing about your glands. What would the reasons for them to swell be? Infection of some sort? Have you had any other tests, pcr, etc, besides elisa? I would imagine they would stay negative at this point. You may feel better by having one if nothing else. Good luck.

-uhoh

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #36220 - 06/22/02 01:50 AM

I realize that hearing that you might want to test from any source that you might consider a medical authority could worry you. But seriously, just how much does a dentist study and specialize in HIV.

You posted Anon, but I think you might be Confused. If I remember right you were going to have your glands looked at.

I've notice from the posts on this board from people who have seen different doctors, the the less they really know about the disease, the more the recommend extended test. You aren't infect with HIV Confused.

I also saw a post where you said your wife was experiencing the same symptoms as you. If you really and truely believe you have something serious that is not being detected it's time to bite the bullet and let your wife know. If you are correct as you say you are, then her life is a risk also. Is it fair of you to withhold information from her, just because you don't want to face the ramifications?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2233

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3