Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous123
Unregistered

My evolving story
      #35626 - 06/12/02 09:20 PM

Hey guys, i have been on this board for about ten months now but dont post anymore that often because i know you wil all tell me after my six month negative test, to move on. I just think its pretty ironic that we all get all these wierd symptoms yet keep testing negative. My symptoms are very real and i used to read the symptoms of others and think "most likely they dont have HIV but if i had that symptom i would freak" and a few weeks later i develop or NOTICE that specific symptom. I am begining to think that everday healthy people get symptoms all the time but just ignore them because they have no reason to suspect anything serious like HIV. My symptoms over the last 10 months include:

first 3 months: Stiff Neck, headache, lump in throat, soar throat, fever, Joint and muscle aches lasting 3 weeks, rash.

at 6 months I got: peripheral neuropathy of the feet and hands (went crazy), random muscle twitching, pain on right side of abdomen, folliculeitus,pimple like things showing up on my arms which have gone away since then.

at 9 months got Generalized deep itching, ringing in the ears, headaches, eye pain and pressure(no vision probelms though), red dots that come and go on hands and arm, Purpura(localized internal bleeding) joint and muscle aches and cramps that still persist, and wierd sharp pains in random areas of my body.

Tests:

6 weeks, 3,6, and 8 month negative Elisas and a negative DNA PCR at 8 months. Started reading up on subtypes and due to the symptoms, still thought it was possbile to be infected with a non b clade. Had full blood panel at 8 months and everthing showed normal. I didnt get the Petachaie or the purpura untill recently so i dont know if my hemoglobin and redblood cell count is normal now. But despite the onset of even more wierd and very real symptoms the last few weeks i havent been that worried. The minute i get worried I log onto this board and read others who have the same symptoms as myself and also test negative, it makes me think that maybe nothing is really wrong with me. Maybe people get these symptoms from time to time for no apparent or serious reason. Anyways i hope you all eventually recover. I wish i had been able to move on at 3 months. Even if i dont feel COMPLETLY comfortable if i get a 12 month negative, i will FORCE MYSELF to move on. Thanks again.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kevin
Unregistered

Re: My evolving story new
      #35630 - 06/12/02 10:32 PM

Hi,

If you thinks about all the tests you have done and they are all negative do you really think that if you had HIV you would still be undiagnosed. All the symptoms that you have described are due to stress. Even before my possible exposure I used to get stiff neck, lump in troat and also I used to get red dots on the palm of my hands followed by skin peeling, it's stress. The other pains throughtout your body are most probably due to your hightened awareness of yourself, they were always there, everyone gets them, they mean nothing.

Unlucky
Unregistered

#35642 - 06/13/02 08:12 AM

Hey anon 123
Please read the posts from yesterday by myself, confused, uhohoblita, and notanonymous. There is about 6 of us that are in the same situation, and the symptoms are almost identical. You however have had longer and more in depth testing. I quess were woried about some rare subtype too or maybe something else. Did your final tests rule out any rare subtypes.
Do you have any problems with your mouth and tongue.

I have had every symptom as you and more. And mine also seem to come in 3 stages.
What tyhe heck is going on.
Talk soon
Unlucky

john in london
Unregistered

#35644 - 06/13/02 08:45 AM

i know how you feel buddy,ive got most of your symptoms too.
im just exhausted at everyone calling me a fool.
john.

confused
Unregistered

#35671 - 06/13/02 02:05 PM

Your not alone,ive had and still have alot of those same symptoms,The ones that worry me the most are the swollen nodes and numbness,Take care

Anonymous
Unregistered

#35808 - 06/16/02 12:24 PM

Well, well, well there are more like me out there. Same symptoms, fatigue, burning tongue, numb hands and feet (mostly at night) weird rashes that come and go, burning skin and 3 negative Elisa's 8,14 and 23 weeks. Problem is that most of the symptoms described occur at the advanced stages of infectionn,, especially the nueropathy. Don't know about you guys but my numbing and tingling comes and goes. Everything I have read about HIV nueropathy indicates that it is chronic (does not come and go)I would not be suprised if we have some sort of unidentifiable virus other than HIV.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1284

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3