Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Sasha
Unregistered

Is it HIV infection? Please help!
      #3543 - 04/13/00 10:57 AM

I had an exposure to a possibly infected person in October. Now I'm developing some symptoms that could be related with HIV (it began in late January when I suddenly got a flue-like illness which became milder in a week) . Among the symptoms I should mention fatigue (some times in becomes stronger, sometimes it is hardly noticable), two small lymph nodes on the neck, temperature up to 37.1, "something" in the throat and high blood pressure. Could the first acute stage arrive so late? Could it be the symptomatic second stage? Do the symptoms always disappear between the first acute stage and the stage when the symptoms manifest themselves (in some years after infection as I learn everywhere). Please respond. Thank you very much.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ws.
Unregistered

Re: Is it HIV infection? Please help! new
      #3544 - 04/13/00 10:58 AM

Many doctors like Dr. Gallant say that the acute stage usually appears within 2-4 weeks and maybe at 6 weeks and will usually last for 2 weeks then will go away. Dr. Gallant says its highly unlike for the acute stage to appear at 10 or 12 or 14 weeks when actually MOST people will seroconvert at this stage! Another thing they say is that when are swollen lymph nodes it isnt generally just one but many all over your body. Have a test.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1634

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3