Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
chichi
Master

Reged: 06/02/02
reading suds-eia results?
      #35269 - 06/05/02 12:00 PM

hi,
i have written to these boards before and have felt very helped by many of the answers. i am the lady who slept with a guy on the first (and last) date. we didnot use a condom and he pulled out before he came - i have no idea about the precum. i also had to go to the doctor a week later because i got herpes! the guy claims he does not have herpes or hiv. i took a rapid suds-eia test at 52 days= 7 weeks and 2 days and the test results were negative. the test has to be redone after the first try not because it came back positive but because the dr said it didnt return any results at all. the second test was done right away and it was negative. my question is this - do the results come back as either a postive ir a negative or is there interpertation and room for human error? should i believe the negative result? i have an appointment to take another test at the 12 week=84 day mark but am so scared that i may go for another rapid test next week at the 9 week mark because i a racked with fear and i dont even know if this guy has hiv or not and if there was or wasnt precum but, i do know that i now have herpes. dealing with all this has made not not eat and not sleep - i wake up in a panic and sweat and i think i have every synptom in the book and that i will have the negative convert after the 52 day mark. please answer or comment i am so so scared

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: reading suds-eia results? new
      #35274 - 06/05/02 01:28 PM

Chichi e-mail me it's santera777@hotmail.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: sounds like panic/anxiety new
      #35277 - 06/05/02 03:04 PM

Could you be using hiv as something to worry about? what else is goin on in your life?

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: reading suds-eia results? new
      #35304 - 06/05/02 09:20 PM

I think you are dealing with guilt over sleeping with a guy and the results being herpes. Your next test will be negative. I totally understand your fear. You think that you will be the one person who turns positive after the window period. You won't be. I'll be the one person who something outrageuos happens to. I was pierced in the naval and am sure the guy pierced me with an infected needle. i have 3 children and a husband. I am worried, but it comes from guilt, not reality. I feel like I'm the only 33 yr old woman who got a naval piercing. i was being a show off and thought it would make me sexy. It may have stollen my life. All for what...adornment? So, you are not alone, bottom line. we all think we are an acception. I'm sure you will be negative. Are you thinking I am negative? I bet you are. I took a test at 5 weeks and my dr. told me that was enough testing. I will not listen to him and I will test again.. he told me I would make national headlines if I got infected this way. I was hoping to reach stardom in another way. You are not alone. Sorry about the herpes, but that's all you got from him. Live large and free yourself from your guilt and worry...Ill try to do the same.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1294

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3