Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
old poster
Unregistered

Changing my mind about hiv..
      #35243 - 06/04/02 11:50 PM

Hey all I have not been visiting this board or a while causes I am now a member of HEAL San Diego and I find it very helpfull. The folks there are very knowledgeable and supportive and they don't judge you like many on this board. Open your minds I did and know I'm getting of the meds slowley and life looks great.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Weizman
Unregistered

Re: Changing my mind about hiv.. new
      #35245 - 06/05/02 12:04 AM

You're decision to go off meds is up to you, but I would hope that you would consult with your doctor first. You say that you're getting off meds slowly, and that is alarming because "slowly" reducing dosage is NOT a good way to stop these meds. Drug resistance often develops when doses are not taken on time or when smaller doses are taken. I would say that the better way to stop is to consult your doctor first, and ask what she would recommend. You do not want to develop drug resistance, because you may need treatment later on, and you would be limiting those treatment options by allowing yourself to develop drug resistance now. Just trying to help.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #35266 - 06/05/02 11:40 AM

also remember mutations occur to the virus when you do not keep your scheduel, or taper your scheduel off. These mutations can make other drug regiments if needed later not work for you. Do not elininate your options.

The G-man

T.i.a.d.

TerryD
Unregistered

#35267 - 06/05/02 11:40 AM

Drug resistance to me is bogus. Just another way to scare patients into staying on these very profitable drugs for life. Just another unprooven theory based on the lie that hiv=aids. I know several people who have gotten of them and are doing well. The only thing is that you may go through a healing crisis which can scare people back onto the drugs.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Terry D is Bogus new
      #35273 - 06/05/02 01:23 PM

If you know so many people, why aren't you out with them instead of bothering those of us who could care less what your opinion is.

TerryD
Unregistered

#35276 - 06/05/02 02:59 PM

Obviously the G-man has complete faith in the medical system. What can you do? Mutations is a bogus theory that is designed to keep people on the med$. The drug companies don't want people taking "drug hoilidays" because they might realize how wonderfull life is without these so-called treatments and stay of or good. So how do they know if your hiv stain has mutated? They don't know they just assume it has. When the drugs fail to keep your numbers up they always resort to this "mutation" theory so they can change your drug regiments and keep you hooked on these drugs forever. Don't buy into their drug company terrorism.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#35278 - 06/05/02 03:07 PM

So it appears that going of the drugs does work or some strains of hiv. I might consider it.

DUH
Unregistered

#35289 - 06/05/02 05:57 PM

who said that he was getting off hiv meds? i think he meant anxiety meds.

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #35292 - 06/05/02 07:07 PM

It may be diferent if you wer HIV+ and knew what you were talking about Terry. But again you know nothing about the medical end of this disease as it shows in your posts.
Terry why don't you register your name with the body and have your e mail address on your profile where people who care about what you say can contact you directly. Maybe you will have a big fallowing. Maybe you should start your own webpage and give your views there. But you are doing a injustice to those of us who have ben around for a long time and realy do know what we are talking about because we are infected.

The G-Man

T.i.a.d.

TerryD
Unregistered

#35294 - 06/05/02 07:27 PM

Hey G-man hiv is not based on science its a religion or Cult that people like you will defend to the end which is now as AIDS inc is falling apart. Its sad because the drugs will wear your body out then of course they will say its mutation, resistance, whatever...Your views are not knew g-man many poeple have died believing in hiv yet there are many who refuse to buy this garbage and are dismissed as non-proressors. Oh well!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: GMan Bill's Scam.. new
      #35296 - 06/05/02 07:29 PM

Terry gman Bill only registers his name so he can advertise his site which makes money off people with AIDS.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#35297 - 06/05/02 07:30 PM

No i think he really meant hiv meds??

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Change is Good! new
      #35354 - 06/07/02 11:54 AM

Great news Old Poster glad to see ya movin on!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2518

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3