Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Lance
Unregistered

Eye Floaters - the debate continues...please help!
      #35222 - 06/04/02 05:49 PM

The Eye Floater debate continues. Anyone who has experienced the sudden onset of eye floaters following what they perceive to be a potential HIV exposure needs to read this. A recent poster to the website at John's Hopkins wrote, "Being HIV positive I am having tremendous headaches more like pressure in my head around my temples and my vision is blurry also. Infected only 4 months i have noticed this to happen several times since seroconversion. It seems to corelate when i become sick. I see like specks in my vision especially when outside in the sun." Obviously this person is referring to eye floaters. Documented seroconversion followed by onset of eye floaters. Yet when I ask around Doctors say HIV has nothing to do with eye floaters despite evidence like this! I have read personal experiences on several HIV websites (including The Body's) where an individual complains of seeing eye floaters soon after becoming HIV infected.

This has me up in arms and very concerned. I tested negative at 3 months and my 6 month test is around the corner. Furthermore, if it weren't for these damn eye floaters I would have accepted my 3 month negative. However I'm only 27 and my eyes are filled with these damn things. It has made the process very difficult to overcome. They are always present - 1st thing I see when I wake-up and last thing I see when I go to bed. And they started around 4 months after my exposure - very similar to the above case. What is my next move? How can I overcome this? Anyone else suffering from these things?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: Eye Floaters - the debate continues...please help! new
      #35229 - 06/04/02 10:31 PM

I personaly have never had this problem. I have ben + for 13 years now without ever having this, and everyone I have talked to has never seen or heard of this condition. I have a large group of + people around me, and a large medical staff to talk to any time the need occurs. From what I was told you should go see an obtomitrist, it sounds like a nervous optical problem. Also the tests should be believed unless you are just a needy person who is doing this for attention.( don't scorn me for that, we have seen it here many times. )

The G-Man

T.i.a.d.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#35254 - 06/05/02 10:02 AM

I'm hanging on this forum for 6-7 months and still I haven't tested .. I started to have blurry vision problem also some headaches so I went to a doc and he checked my eyes and he said if you keep looking to computer screen so much (I'm in front of screen everyday for minimum 8 hours for 8 years..) you will be a mole!.. if I had read this post before going to doc I would probably go mad because blurry vision problem started after possible exposure..

I say don'T worry and you are already HIV negative..

Xander
All Star

Reged: 10/01/01
      #35259 - 06/05/02 11:27 AM

Eye floaters are such a common thing, that I would not be surprised at all that a few people would notice them after ars...after all, getting hiv does not protect one from getting all the common colds, eye floaters, flus, etc. that anyone else might get. Particularly since the initial diagnosis of hiv is likely to cause an acute concern about any health change for many individuals.

Have you seen an opthamologist or other eye doctor for an evaluation of these floaters?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3530

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3