Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

GI Bleeding
      #34854 - 05/29/02 04:57 PM

At 2 weeks after i began to have symptoms sore throat, cough, lung infection, light headed. 2 months after a possible infection i began to have black stool. I then got Bronchitis @ 2 months. Since then i have been having burning in mouth, a single bump on roof of mouth, sore neck.

My question is does GI problems occur this early?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: GI Bleeding new
      #34855 - 05/29/02 05:17 PM

None of what you describe can be considered exclusively symptoms of HIV infection. Bronchitis has nothing to do with HIV. The sort throat and cough I'm sure are tied to the lung infection. You didn't say what it was, but it may have started with a cold, which again, has nothing to do with HIV.

It sounds like you are either close or possible over the 3 month mark. Get tested, it is the only way to have hard proof of your status.

The only thing I've found for sure about symptoms is the more people list and the longer they deal with them, the lower the actual risk and the more likely to test negative.

T.i.a.d.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#34864 - 05/29/02 09:55 PM

Unfortunately GI problems occur early and are a major problem for HIV positive individuals. Loose stools, direaha pain nausuea can occur early in infection then most likely as with other symptoms disipate. There is really know way to know your status without waiting 3 months and testing, trying to guess based on symptoms is hard to do. You say it's been 2 months you should get an accurate test at 2 months but try to wawit until 3 for a conclusive test. If you cannot wait test at 2 months and get some peace with the negative result then retest at 3 months for security. Hope everything works out well. IF you cannot wait have a DNA by PCR or RNA by PCR viral load assay done both are considered accurate 1 month after exposure but not FDA approved, the viral load assay is approved for prognosis not diagnosis whereas the DNA is used for diagnosis but not yet FDA approved, both are excellent for those of us in our window period. The thing is with these tests they are designed with subtype B in mind since 98% of US infections are with B, the further it strays from B the likelihood of detection is limited, The standard Roche 1.0 Viral load assay quantifies B and not very many others and this is the approved assay. Keep that in mind.
Chris

TerryD
Unregistered

#34910 - 05/30/02 07:16 PM

These are not symptoms of early infection they are side-efects of HART which causes AIDS.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#34911 - 05/30/02 07:17 PM

Testing is not proof!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1891

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3