Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

hetroseual transmission help
      #34409 - 05/16/02 12:43 PM

Does anybody else on this board know exactly what are theodds of becoming infected with a strain of hiv that would go undetected by current EIA screenings? In the US i think i saw statistics that hiv infections are 98% subtype B, does anyone have any supportive links that shows what the likelihood of being infected with N or O? Are they less than HIV2 infections? Also does the current EIA screening pick up on all "M" groups A-I? Also i heard that hetrosexual infection is more likely to be a non B type like E because it spreads more effectively than non B types is this true and oif so will current antibody tests pick up on it? Thanks everyone for the info it is really appreciated!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bottom line
Unregistered

Re: hetroseual transmission help new
      #34419 - 05/16/02 03:03 PM

Somebody has been reading a few to many web pages....

I mean come on guy, the exact odds of getting undetectable subtype from heterosexual exposure. That is Like asking the odds of getting hit by a plane and wondering the chances of of it being a piper cub. First of all you would have to be hit by the plane. Get my meaning here???

If tested at 3 months you are fine. If doctor tells you test later or had actual exposure to HIV then test at six months and move on.

Leave the subtype questions for the docs becasue they are the ones telling us 3 month tests are good.

Bottom Line

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: hetroseual Don't get aids new
      #34421 - 05/16/02 05:36 PM

Heteroseuals don't "get" aids unless they are drug users or take the unscientific "hiv tests" that always produce false positives. Heterosexual Aids in Africa is just plain old malnutrition, poverty and unsanitary conditions that would make anyone sick. Ever notice you never hear anything about poverty in Africa anymore? That because its all called AIDS.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#34422 - 05/16/02 05:56 PM

If you never hear anything about poverty in Africa anymore, you must be getting your news from a pretty poor source.

Anonymous
Unregistered

TerryD you need a life. new
      #34423 - 05/16/02 07:32 PM

Terry if you have so much confidence in your beliefs how come you post under anon so much? You are so self absorbed to think that everyone is out to get gays. Is aidsmyth the only thing youve got going on in your life? Is that your destiny? to try and convince people that HIV is a myth to dispose of gay men? If so you really need to expand your mind and interests. you are indeed a pathetic soul. You think gay men should not fear HIV, well you might as well fear it because you obviously spend so much time thinking about it thats why you hang out here all the time.

TerryD
Unregistered

#34424 - 05/16/02 08:17 PM

AIDS is Africa is expoding!! So where is that nasty African strain of hiv in North America? I guess it does not have a passport! LOL!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1765

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3