Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
confused
Unregistered

worried2002
      #34175 - 05/11/02 02:44 PM

Well im ready for the nut house to.as you know my hands have been tingling and numb for months now,I woke up this morning and my toes are now going numb and tingling.I was reading that that can be a problem with early hiv infection.As you know i just had my 23 week neg test and was relieved by that.now with this happening with my toes ,Im starteing to lose it again.Do you or anyone else know if i was experiencing neuropathy this early i would show pos. I guess im officaly a worried well now.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: worried2002 new
      #34177 - 05/11/02 04:39 PM

I dont remember ever reading anywhere that this is an early symptom of HIV. It usually happens much later and most of the time is related to HIV MEDS. its been 10 months since my exposure and after my six month negative(actually 1 1/2 months afterwards) I to started getting tingling and numbess in my feet and toes. This lasted for weeks and i still occasionally get this.I literally freaked and after forgetting about hiv, i turned right back into being a worried well like you. I tested negative again at 8 months. I still dont know what caused my PN but i doubt it related to HIV. PN that seems to be associated with HIV usually is when one is in later stages of the disease and is usually due to the meds. I read Dr Holidney say that if this is the only symptom one is expierecing than it is most likely not related to HIV> anyways good luck

confused
Unregistered

#34178 - 05/11/02 04:44 PM

Ive had this tingling and numbing since about 2 months after my posible exposure.Go to google and type in Neuropathy and early hiv infection,There's quiet a lot on it. I was okay with my 23 week test now im startin to freak again.

worried2002.
Unregistered

#34179 - 05/11/02 05:16 PM

Look, neuropathy as described in HIV illness is often very serious and it is marked by actual pain (like being pierced by hundreds of needles), not just some tingling and numbness. These symptoms are more often associated with stress. The only thing i can say is: if you are worried by your symptoms get evaluated by a phisician. I think that some tingling and numbness are really *nonspecific* indicators of HIV infection, by the way i always had similar symptoms even before my exposure. Let me know.

confused
Unregistered

#34182 - 05/11/02 05:41 PM

Thanks worried2002,Ya i don't know what to think anymore ,Ive got this numbing 24/7 at times its not as bad as others.Im going to see a physician,could be stress i don't know what to think it was bad enough when it was in my hands now its in my toes.seems strange alot of people here seem to get this numbing after a posible exposure,still have muscle aches in upper arms also,hope its all stress. thanks again and all the best to you

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #34199 - 05/11/02 10:29 PM

You're right about a lot of people on this board having numbness and tingling after an exposure. That's right now. At one point everybody seemed to be having floaters. Another time it seemed the 'symptom of choice' was all over body rashes.

It starts with someone constantly talking about one particular symptom. Before long someone else is talking about it. By this time 1 or 2 people have joined the board worried about an exposure. They start reading about all the symptoms and whatever one is the choice in particular. Next thing you know they are suffering from it.

After a while there is a group of people basically in the same time frame of the window. One by one they start to test negative. Yes negative. I've seen a couple of false positives, but I don't recall anyone testing positive on this board.

Anyway, as people in the one group start testing negative and going on with their lives, new people join. After a while someone will start talking about a particular symptom, and before long a new symptom has taken over and this next group will suffer all sorts of symptoms, but this one will keep showing up, thereby convincing everyone at that time it means they are all positive.

And so the circle goes......

T.i.a.d.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2160

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3