Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worried2002.
Unregistered

STRESS: causes everything
      #34075 - 05/10/02 03:56 AM

We tought stress didn't cause candidiasis, in fact stress does cause even candidiasis:

"Cause

Oral candidiasis is caused by the fungus called Candida. Everyone has small quantities of the fungus in the mouth, vagina, digestive tract and skin. In healthy persons, "friendly" bacteria and the immune system prevent the fungus from causing disease. However, a damaged or weakened immune system, as can be the case in HIV disease, makes it easier for Candida to grow and cause disease.

Certain drugs can alter the natural organisms in the mouth, which can then promote the growth of Candida. These include the extended use of antibiotics, steroids and oral contraceptives with a high estrogen content. Other factors that may stimulate Candida growth include: diabetes, pregnancy, iron, folate, vitamin B12 or zinc deficiency and using antihistamines. Factors that may weaken the immune system -- from cancer chemotherapy to stress and depression -- can also cause candidiasis."

http://www.thebody.com/pinf/candida/candida0.html

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
notanonymous
Regular

Reged: 04/19/02
Re: STRESS: causes everything new
      #34082 - 05/10/02 11:23 AM

nice post w02. here's an idea for everyone. go to www.google.com and type, "stress immune system" leave out the quotation marks of course. pretty interesting article come up on this search. do i still think i am HIV poz? yes, but it really helps and makes sense to read this stuff. lol.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: STRESS and aids new
      #34119 - 05/10/02 04:40 PM

Can stress cause aids cas I know someone who was hiv negative who died from stress and he looked like he had aids.

worried2002.
Unregistered

#34165 - 05/11/02 09:16 AM

Whoa that would have been a really sever case of stress. Well if stress can impair the immune system we can infer that stress MIGHT cause a NON-HIV AIDS-like illness, but i never have seen a documented case, i'll research a bit.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#34193 - 05/11/02 07:49 PM

I think stress over a long period can if its part of your liestyle and such.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2299

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3